who makes the Best Catalyic H-Pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

Since you live in Cali there is only one H pipe you can use "legally". The factory piece. You will not otherwise pass the visual inspection. But to answer the question posted only in your thread title: Bassani makes one of the best. All stainless and you'll never have to replace it.

1990LXDropTop said:
BBK makes a nice one, but for a high price.
Mine has had the one from BBK for about 5 years. Decent, but I find the fit to hang a little low for some reason and have had to do some welding on the count of the hanger comeing off and ripping out about a 8" wide section with it :(.

Magnaflow, Spintech, Bassani or Mac.... You really can't go wrong with any of those companys. I think if you go to the magnaflow website they offer and upgrade to the factory h pipe, i think it deletes the h style and replaces the 2 rear cats with hi flow units and an x style cross over you might want to look into that also....

NotchRocket92 said:
I think if you go to the magnaflow website they offer and upgrade to the factory h pipe, i think it deletes the h style and replaces the 2 rear cats with hi flow units and an x style cross over you might want to look into that also....

i wouldnt recommend upgrading the crimped factory h-pipe. best bet is just to get rid of the stock pipe and spending the money on a better aftermarket one!

Goldmember said:
i wouldnt recommend upgrading the crimped factory h-pipe. best bet is just to get rid of the stock pipe and spending the money on a better aftermarket one!

I think what he meant by that is the Mac piece retains the stock cat locations (for inspection purposes), not that you swap performance pieces onto the old pipe.

I've used the Mac H-pipes on every Mustang I've owned. Fitment has always been good and they use Catco cats which are one of the best on the market.

On a side note, If this is just for the emissions test day and it will come off right after, I'd say just buy a used stock H off ebay for a $100 for the test.

bassani or Dr. gas hands down. My personal opinion an H-pipe is for the birds go with an x.......... better scavenging and a hell of alot nicer sound. I have a bbk shorty h on right now for a minute just doesnt do it for me but i cam from a bassani o/r x. The h is up for sale.

Bassani makes the best catted X pipe, period. You should see the welds on this thing. It's a work of art, really. I love mine and would not consider anything else. No problems with installation. Nice quality hardware too. It's pricey, but if you want the best...well, pay up sucka!