Who moderates the moderators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

351LX

Founding Member
Jul 25, 2001
Regina, Saskatchewan
I am confused.The West discussion subforum of the Canada forum used to be extremely popular,now its a ghost town.There has been a post on there since March 8 offering cheap shoes and hoodies containing a link which our moderator has ignored.I posted a question on there this morning asking where eveyone had gone and I posted 3 links to forums I now post at.One was another Mustang forum which is listed in the Stangnet top 100 and by doing a search on Stangnet found numerous posts with the same link,another link was to a Ford truck site and a search came back with over 200 posts with the same link and the third was a local import and domestic enthusiast site.5 minutes later our moderator had edited my post to delete the links saying I was spamming, yet at the same time he has left the ad on the West discussion board for cheap shoes and hoodies.Why are my links unacceptable on the West discussion forum but allowed elsewhere? We have a Western Canada classifieds.I tried posting an ad giving some parts away stating I wouldn't ship them but if anyone local wanted them they could come get them for free, I promptly received a PM saying I would have to post my ad on the national classifieds as well or my ad would be deleted.Why post an ad on the national classifieds if you are unwilling to ship, it makes no sense.I had no problem finding similar ads on other regional classifeds that weren't linked to the national classifieds.Why are we treated different?

To answer your question, the chain of command is as follows:

Administrator > Super Moderator > Moderator

Posting referral links to another site which could be seen as a conflict of interest with StangNet is prohibited by the Terms of Service of this site. That is likely why your post was edited. I can't speak to why your classified would have been viewed as anything other than honorable, since I was not the moderator of mention. I will, however, look into the spam post you mention, which has somehow been overlooked.

Thanks!

I'm the Moderator he was referring to and since he’s was so eager to take this into open forum rather than discuss his issues with a Moderators decision via PM like any other rational member would do, lets bring all of the facts to light, shall we?!?

First off I'm not sure what you're problem with me is 351LX, but I suggest you get over it in a hurry. :nono:

You've done nothing but bitch about my decision making abilities and walk around with a chip on your shoulder since I came on staff (and your bad attitude preceded even that).

First off, I make few apologies for my earlier actions with regards to your previous ads needing to be posted in the National Classifieds. I will admit, I was a little green back then and at the time, we were in serious need of of a revamping of the TOS…and as a new moderator, I was attempting to follow the board rules to the letter. Excessive? Perhaps, but still well with in my rights to make the inquiry to you at the very least. And feel free to drop the “innocent lamb” act!!! My “inquiry” with regards to the matter was met with nothing but hostility and aggression from you. You also neglected to mention in your rant to all here how your ad also lacked pretty much all of the other content requirements of a Regional Classifieds ad as well. The rules are very clear and concise (as outlined in the Classified Forum Rules) with regards ad format. A simple one liner ad, with no pics, price, little to no description and no contact information is next to useless and does little more than take up needless bandwidth on the site and may be deleted at moderator discretion. Your ad(s) if memory serves lacked several of these requirements, which is why I “asked” you to amend them. They weren’t deleted until you gave me attitude and ignored my request.

As the matter of fact, I recall you deleting at least one them yourself, followed by a grumbling about how the Stangnet site in general was circling the drain and what a mess the classifieds were and why nobody ever used them anymore (even though this unorganized and dead to the world Forum was still good enough for you to list yours in :rolleyes: ).

Yet when after a long absence of a Moderation presence in the forum is filled and someone (particularly myself) attempts to remedy the situation by “weeding out” the old stale and unorganized ads and attempts to breath new life into the Forum, you complained about that too!!! Damned if we do, damned if we don’t, I guess? Its simple pal, if you’re not going to be part of the solution, then you’re part of the problem! You can’t cry foul and point fingers at everyone else one moment, but refuse to take responsibility for your own actions (or in your case lack of) the next.

In the past, you’ve strutted around the board like the rules don't apply to you and your **** doesn’t stink, yet when you're called on it, you put up a fuss that rivals that of an 8-year-old girl with a skinned knee. I mean honestly, if this board is such a joke and is so sub par and below your standards, feel free to leave at any time!

With regards to your most recent thread, I explained very clearly the reasoning behind the decision to edit its content, but since it failed to reach you the first time, I’ll tell you again. We're not in the business of promoting competitive sites here, nor have we ever been! Besides, it’s not like it was an underlying plug or a simple reference to another site in passing. After your previous rant about Stangnets sub par standards and lack of over all content, you chose to disappear....then after over a 5-months absense your first post back is filled with blatant spamming of links to three other web sites. Do you not see a problem with that? If not, let me clarify the message you project.

[Stangnet is so very bad, but these sites are so very good!]

And FYI, since your little absence from the board, my responsibilities here as you see have grown considerably. It might be hard for you to grasp, but this is a massive site and every once and a while, we staff members may miss an inappropriate thread or two. For future reference, the normal practice for a member who sees one of these threads and wishes to bring it to the attention of the site moderator is to use the “Report Post” button on the upper right corner of the post box. Although calling me to the carpet and accusing me of being a poor moderator and not doing my job was a very effective and tactful approach to it as well. :rolleyes:

If your intent was to get Staff attention, you’ve succeeded. Although with your continued all around bad attitude and cavalier attitude towards the site rules "attention" may prove to be something you wish you hadn’t gotten.

Well, that's that. For future reference, calling out staff and posting referral links to competitive forums are against the StangNet Terms of Service, and since Brian shared the other side of the story, I would encourage re-reading the TOS, since I hadn't reviewed your posting history prior to my reply to this thread, so I was unaware the history surrounding this. Abiding by the forum rules is very easy to do. The nearly 133,000 members on the site prove it daily by remaining members.

My question isn't about the rules.It is simply asking why they don't seem to be evenly enforced.I asked why I can post a link to a certain Ford truck site and other sites on other forums(which can be easily proven by a search) but not on the Western Canada forum.I also asked about why classifieds on other regional forums didn't seem to follow the same rules as our local classifieds, but Gearbanger 101 answered that and that problem seems to be fixed.Here is a link to my post regarding the PM I received from Gearbanger 101 concerning my ad where I tried to give away some parts locally http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=693385 In regards to the Stangnet terms of service, rule number 1 in no personal attacks.In his previous post Gearbanger 101 has clearly violated this rule.My posts are a point of record, anyone can go into my profile and read them.I challenge Gearbanger 101 to show where "I kicked up a fuss and whined like an 8 yr old" or"or strutted around like the rules don't apply". I believe he owes me an apology.If Stangnet isn't in the business of promoting other websites,the why is there a Stangnet top 100 list of other Mustang sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.