WHO SELLS EGR DELETE PLATE?

• Sponsors (?)

i ordered a spacer from upr like 3 weeks ago none came....they dont answer their phones or emails....im not please..been to busy to worry bout and going to see if they took money of the card ...if they didn't then im not going to worry bout it

EGR reduces combustion temperature, and octane requirements in cruse mode. Some engines will develop a part throttle ping because the EGR is not present or working. The EGR closes when you got WOT (wide open throttle), so it has no effect on full throttle performance.

If you are going to remove the smog equipment (Cats, smog pump, EGR, etc.) plan to have a custom chip burned to eliminate the trouble codes and possible limp mode operation associated with them.

94-95 cars without a custom chip can have pinging problems, and lack of an EGR can make it worse.

95snoozer said:
thank you very very much for the unneeded lesson.

I am going to a fox TB setup with nitrous works wet plate SO yes i NEED the plate. :rolleyes:
always nice to 'diss' one of the most knowledgable car guys i have ever come across period. he is in a class of very few, in my book.
worst case, it was info for someone else to learn from, and gave you a free bump. :nono:

Thats a real good way to step on a mans toe's thats just trying to help you. Keep on with the smart comments to the veterans here and Im sure you will get alot of answers in the future. Be an adult snoozer, and when someone offers you their knowledge, whether needed or not, do yourself a favor and just say thanks.

I got one from UPR last week, they were delayed because their computer system went down, at least that's what the guy who called me told me. He took my info down again over the phone, and I got it a few days later. 17 bucks including shipping. All it is is a piece of metal with 2 holes drilled in it- looking back I could have made it myself. If you have even a little metal work knowledge, save the 17 bucks and make your own if you really need to use one, if not UPR has them, it just may take a while to get it. Hope this helps! :nice:

95snoozer said:
thank you very very much for the unneeded lesson.

WHat about all the other guys who don't know about the EGR and will read this and think "Ah, i can delete my EGR with no probs then"

For everyone else, if you delete your EGR, you really should pull the intake and block the ports coming from the heads. Otherwise all the hot gases will still travel up the intake to the EGR neck. Then deleting the EGR is pointless because you still have the heat soak accociated with the EGR gases. If you don't want to pull the lower, block it off with a razor blade (with the fat end removed) and some RTV between the upper and lower intake.

HISSIN50 said:
always nice to 'diss' one of the most knowledgable car guys i have ever come across period. he is in a class of very few, in my book.
worst case, it was info for someone else to learn from, and gave you a free bump. :nono:

Yes very true, I didnt know that and now I do.

Thanks for the info!

I guess you guys dont understand that i have a 95?

hence 95 snoozer

almost nothing you are saying applies to me. I know exactly what I need and didnt ask for someone to tell me whats good and bad

if i step on toes so be it

but from my perspective he insulted my inteligence with his post, as it suggested i didnt know what i was doing.

all i wanted was a 27 dollar part because i lost the link.

If the egr setup is the same on your 95 as it is on my 88, then you can get the part for 17 bucks shipped at UPR products.com. If not, sorry I took up your time.

edit- sorry, just looked and it isn't, I don't know where you can find it.

95snoozer said:
but from my perspective he insulted my inteligence with his post, as it suggested i didnt know what i was doing.

Excuse us. Stangnet doesn't have in-dept bios about ever user telling us what you do and do not know.

Don't get insulted, take it in stride. What if some other newbie has the same question as you, then that post helps them out in a search. I've made posts before where someone has told me info i already knew. It's gonna happen, no need to make a big deal about it. Just be happy there are people willing to help out and concerned enough to let you know IN CASE you didn't know.

The last dozen or so EGR delete posts were posted by guys who didn't know how an EGR worked and figured if it was removed they would get more HP.

Actually, my post(s) were intended to answer his question about where he could find this part- I do in fact know all too well about the egr and it's functions, and how silly it is to remove it in most applications. Now, this thread has info about where to find the part as well as info on why not to use it. Isn't it all about choices? :nice:

That was pretty $hitty man, if you've been in the forums you would know he is just informing everyone. So for being a Richard, I hope your car spark knocks and you blow up a hyper piston.

And I thank you jricher, because I was about 10 minutes away from taking out my egr till I read that. I don't need any problems I could avoid. Thanks for the "unneeded advise"

Mustang5L5 said:
WHat about all the other guys who don't know about the EGR and will read this and think "Ah, i can delete my EGR with no probs then"

For everyone else, if you delete your EGR, you really should pull the intake and block the ports coming from the heads. Otherwise all the hot gases will still travel up the intake to the EGR neck. Then deleting the EGR is pointless because you still have the heat soak accociated with the EGR gases. If you don't want to pull the lower, block it off with a razor blade (with the fat end removed) and some RTV between the upper and lower intake.
i'm not sure about other intakes on the market, but my holley intake was already blocked new for the egr. if you wanted to have it work it has to be modded.