Who tries to race you???

I've had a jetta, 240sx, and a couple v6 stangs. Last night a yellow v6 stang vert with a passenger in fornt and 3 in back yelled that he would kick my ass... In heavy traffic. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

17yrOldStanger said:
it doesnt take a head swap to beat those guys, just a crap driver behind the wheel of the guy you are racing.
Ain't that the truth :D. I lost to a WRX at the track because I was snoozing at the tree. Couldn't chase him down in time. Then I got to listen to his friends brag to each other about how he took down a Mustang GT... hahaha....

Dave

Around here, it doesn't matter. Everything from hot looking LS1's, to illegals in astro vans or geos try and race me. The other day a SVT Focus barked his tires at me, I was like ooooookay. I've noticed the crappier the car, the more inclined they are to showing off.

HairyCanary said:
Ain't that the truth :D. I lost to a WRX at the track because I was snoozing at the tree. Couldn't chase him down in time. Then I got to listen to his friends brag to each other about how he took down a Mustang GT... hahaha....

Dave

have you noticed that the import drivers are quick to talk smack when they win, but itll never surface to the world when they lose? if i lose, i lose. ill talk about it. but when they lose, it was as if it never happened. damn bastards

17yrOldStanger said:
have you noticed that the import drivers are quick to talk smack when they win, but itll never surface to the world when they lose? if i lose, i lose. ill talk about it. but when they lose, it was as if it never happened. damn bastards
YES!...its funny if you go searching for racing videos...you will find people going nuts over the video where a Civic beats a Corvette, or Viper, or Mustang GT...but nobody mentions the COUNTLESS times the tables are turned...

Anthony

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
YES!...its funny if you go searching for racing videos...you will find people going nuts over the video where a Civic beats a Corvette, or Viper, or Mustang GT...but nobody mentions the COUNTLESS times the tables are turned...

It does make sense after all. They have gotten used to losing all the time. Why would they want to bring back the painful, painful memories. :)

All of my mustang acquaintances love to race me. They always beat me (before gears & no pinging) by a car or two. I can't wait until I see them again.

Turbo DSM's always rev me. Last night I lined up next to a girl in a eclipse GTS & she just smiled and looked away. Her badges were missing, so I didn't think she was turbo. So I took off at 1/2 throttle in case she wanted to race, and she stayed behind. I continued to accelerate at 1/4 throttle, and what do you know, she comes blazing by with her turbo spooled up just smiling and shaking her head like --> :nonono:

So I finally catch back up to her, and we line up again. I give her the head nod like "Wanna Race"? She smiles again, and I rev up and get ready to launch. I fly out of the hole after the light turned green, get to the top of first gear about to shift, and I see her just barely accelerating!!!! What a looney crackpot! Then, of course, she flys by me again when I am cruisin' at the speed limit. I am so :mad: that I turn off and try to relax so I can get the adrenalin out of my system. :nonono: What a tease.

After the x-pipe, the ricers usually stay away from me. They know better.
Scott

95snoozer said:
i dont entise people with the stock look

roll down the window and they see the a pillar guages and they assume i am boosted or spraying

and then they claim that wheni beat them :)
I'm completely the stock look but the car turns heads everywhere I go. I had the wife out with me yesterday and she stated that the car really has people looking at it.
Perhaps it's because the car is so clean for a 95. It looks brand new, it's yellow which is an attention getter right off the bat, and I keep it polished of course. It has a nice rumble to it as well.

I get ricers, bikes, trucks, you name it trying to get me going. I had this fellow in a late model Cougar a few weeks ago wanting to try me. There was a school zone up ahead(yeah school was still in) and I reved once. The light turned green so I gave it a quick shot of the throttle and backed off. Just as we approached the school zone the police were hiding with the lasergun. He was pulled.

mto502 said:
Perhaps it's because the car is so clean for a 95. It looks brand new, it's yellow which is an attention getter right off the bat, and I keep it polished of course. It has a nice rumble to it as well.
Yellow is a good long-term color it seems. I was talking to a couple of people at work the other day about the 2005, and mentioned that I was really thinking of picking one up, and they asked if I was going to trade my car in, because it was so new :D. They were stunned when I told them it was 10 years old.

Dave

17yrOldStanger said:
give us the skinny on these two races. im curious
Ok, first off let me say that I was only running 5#'s at the time. 1rst race im cruizing home with my freind austin(he has a teg gsr with a 75 shot) and I spot this thing up ahead. Im like this might be a good race to christen(sp?) the car. So I pull up,and right away the guy like hits it but I didnt cause I spotted a cop up ahead. He sees it too and slows down. Almost like it was planned the cop makes a turn right there so I catch up to again.Were both cruzing at around 60. I honked off and we both go at it. Right away I put 1.5 cars on him, and I continued to pull on him till I hit about 80 and slowly but surely the thing starts creeping up at me and passes me about the time im at 100, thats the fastest I ever race on the street so I backed down. Race #2, This is not too long ago when I got home from France/Italy and I was itching for a race since over in France all they got is lil 4 bangers that get 50 mpg. Up ahead I see the blue wing of an STi. I pull up to him but there was traffic up ahead so I just gave him the thumbs up. Instead of turning towards my house I decide to follow him. Like it was on cue again, traffic like dissapears. He hits it and I downshift to 4th(like a 75 roll I guess not too sure) and again I put 1.5 cars on thius guy too. This thing is right next to me and the blow off valve sounds so cool. He goes through like 3 gears while im still in 4th and when I shift into 5th the guy is about a car behind. I dont know much about STi's but I know that was an aftermarket blow off valve and that wasnt a stock muffler. The blow off valvesounds so good and its a pretty close race I decide to race past 100 like I usually do(dont worry, its a 3 lane road In the middle of nowhere with absolutly no cars). We race up to 130(the fastest I ever had my car) and I back down, Im still about a car ahead.He then gets in front of me and gives me a big thumbs up and I procceded to scream the whole way home cause it was so sick, I lost my voice the next day. Sorry for so long.

raven69david said:
When i'm in my wifes car i see nothing but ricers everywhere. When i'm in the Cobra there is absolutely no one to play with. :bang: Do they hide when i'm out? :rolleyes:
i know what you mean. whenever im riding in my buddy's 1990 Jetta (huge pile) i see nothing but ricers ready to feel the mustang envy come over themselves.they must have radar or something.

17yrOldStanger said:
i know what you mean. whenever im riding in my buddy's 1990 Jetta (huge pile) i see nothing but ricers ready to feel the mustang envy come over themselves.they must have radar or something.

This seems to be the case. I think they are drawn to there there kind . When I'm in my stupid pontiac sunfire they are everywhere. When I roll the Cobra out it is like they disappear. :shrug: O well can't say I miss them much. :D

I got one, on the way back from Olive Garden, a couple of guys in a Miata of all things were pacing my wife and I. It has one of the biggest exhaust cans I had ever seen and it was loud. Anyway, I have the windows up and the air on just cruising back to the interstate.

He got next to us and I could see him and his passenger looking over and pointing with a smirk on their faces. So as we are slowing down to catch a light I just pull it down to L1 and with long tubes, off road h-pipe and two chamber flows it gets really loud. I see both of them whip their heads around to take a look.

At the light he starts reving, I didn't turn off the air and I kept the windows up light turns green. I keep it in L1 until I get to 20 and nail it. I am all over the road like a drunk driver and by the time I got to D he was an airplane length behind. Next light he wouldn't even look over. I guess he didn't see the 347 stroker badges on the side of the car.

Had one the other day....Im tooling home from work...doing 35, got 3 cars ahead of me...its a double Yellow line...I look in the mirror and see this 92 Eclipse on my ass...next thing I hear is this huge shop vac sound from his exhaust as he goes vacuuming by me... :D I shake my head...W.T.F. he passenger is even staring me down...Im waitng and watching as jerky boy takes 4 cars with his super shop vac...watching as he's coming real close to a blind hill...anyway he makes the hill...bout a mile down the road I see him turn around and come vaccing up thru the gears...he gets like 6 car lenghts in front of me and swerves lightly into my lane.....Little #$%^#r
I damn near turned around just to chase that little jerk down and bulldoze his ass into the woods...Damn I wanted to do that.... :D

Had a crotch rocket acting crazy with me on the freeway after work today. I was trying to get into the #1 lane and the guy on the bike that was there started to rev and popped a wheelie next to me. I ended up behind him and the guy took off. He just stared back at me to see what I was going to do, so I kind of punched it and caught up to him. My exit was coming up so I just gave the guy a rev and when he heard it he took off. I guess he thought I was going to try to race him. The funny thing is, when I was making a left turn onto my street, about 2 miles from the freeway exit, I was waiting for the traffic to come by, and I see a bike coming towards me. The guy turns into me street and looks at me surprised as hell and pointed at me in a "hey its you" kind of way. He then wheelies about half way down my street. It was a cool looking bike too. :nice: