Who will win?

• Sponsors (?)

do you know what you run in the quarter mile because if he can race the 2002 properly he should run a 14.0 to 14.4 quarter mile i don't think you could beat him unless he can't race...i run neck to neck with the 2002s winner is determined by best hookup....i have a 95GT see signature you will have a better chance if you install under drive pullies, electric fan conversion with alt. upgrade and 3.73 gear install with traction lok rebuild i believe the 86 models have a traction lok...what type of AT flowmaster exhaust do you have header back or cat back system and i suppose its a 2.50 inch H pipe.... thats a 2002 auto. vert with a few bolt ons and a Diablo Sport Predator Tuner. in my avatar i'm racing against him he runs consistant 14.4 on average and he has run a 14.0.i won the race in the avatar

Tech wise......

86 GT Stock. 200hp, 285lbs torque.

2002 GT Stock 260 hp and 302 lb.

Mods....

86GT...Still have the E6 Heads???? If so then the BBK's are not flowing to their full potential. Still have the stock pipes? The mods you have listed....net only maybe a 20hp increase if that IMHO. Stock 2.73 gears??? Stock 58MM TB, Stock smaller upper intake?? 86's were smaller than 87-93's.

2002 GT Pushing probably 280hp.

Now........

Add a Trick flow Street heat Upper and Lower intake, 70MM TB, Twisted wedge heads, Stage 1 cam, and a set of 3.73 gears on a catless H-pipe....
:D

IMHO......

i hope you don't lose. but i agree if the guy in the 2002 can drive he will have you. I push around 360 hp and i have raced a couple 2002 gt's. I always have em but they seem to be pretty fast. I doubt i would have beaten em with my 302 i had in my 86. Its nice to be in fifth and still pulling on em.