Who's dynoed their car with nitrous???

LS2 KLR

Apr 16, 2003
Houston, TX
I just had my car dynoed with a 100 shot dry and only picked up 40rwhp :shrug: I was pretty disappointed. I was wondering if any of you guys dynoed yours so I could have something to compare to. Also, how safe amount of rwhp from nitrous can I go??? I was hoping to add 90-100rwhp. I left my car at Strictly Perf to have long tubes installed and a custom tune with a flip chip :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Joe347R6 said:
I just had my car dynoed with a 100 shot dry and only picked up 40rwhp :shrug: I was pretty disappointed. I was wondering if any of you guys dynoed yours so I could have something to compare to. Also, how safe amount of rwhp from nitrous can I go??? I was hoping to add 90-100rwhp. I left my car at Strictly Perf to have long tubes installed and a custom tune with a flip chip :nice:

Seems low...you remember what your bottle pressure was at? :shrug:

They believe by just tuning they will really be able to wake up my car. My a/f was 12.9 and they're going to richen it up. I filled up my bottle on the way over and it was pretty cold out. I heated it up to 900psi. They will be done with my car this morning so I'll post the final results after lunch.

I Dynoed mine yesterday to see the effects of the MAC long tubes I installed Saturday. To my surprise I gained 0 rwhp and 20 fp of torque. I cant quite understand that, however on my last pull I shot the NO2(100 shot) and only picked up 40 rwhp with a fairly cold bottle. I am running a NX wet system. The dyno tech said that I should have been around 75-80 had I bothered to heat the bottle.

Results:
225rwhp 275fp torq. N/A
271rwhp 321fp torq. NO2
(auto trans)

Joe347R6 said:
They believe by just tuning they will really be able to wake up my car. My a/f was 12.9 and they're going to richen it up. I filled up my bottle on the way over and it was pretty cold out. I heated it up to 900psi. They will be done with my car this morning so I'll post the final results after lunch.

12.9 is getting lean, if you fatten it up, your power will actually go down. :( Lean makes power, but thats when things go, BOOM.

Before the long tubes I was at
244rwhp/287tq NA
288/344 on nitrous

I called a minute ago and they told me they wouldn't be able to tune my car today, which is not what I was told yesterday :notnice: I have also heard long tubes tend to make you run a little rich. Hopefully this will make the nitrous more effective!

UPDATE: Just by adding fuel I gained 40rwhp/76rwtq. I'm now at 328rwhp/rw420tq. I still needed more fuel but was getting a little rich NA so we called it a day. NA I was 264/288 on a nitrous tune with timing retarded. After I get a flip chip I'm heading back and hoping for 275 NA and stopping at 350rwhp on the gas to be on the safe side.