Who's goin to Carlisle All-Ford Nationals June 3-5?

• Sponsors (?)

I just got home from the show about an hour ago, great show! huge swap meet area and by far the biggest Boss 302 section I've ever seen! The new cobra GT500 was there, along with 93, 95, and 00 R's...Cervini's unveiled the new Eleanor kit for the new 05, I came very close to getting a set of 4 BF-Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW 275/40/ZR17's but the first time I went to buy them, they only had three cuz some wierd ass came and bought 1, so I said I'd come back cuz they were supposed to get another...well they did, and before I got back, someone bought 2....MOTHER F*****S!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I gotta do it the old fashioned way and have them ordered...buuut I'm thinkin of also ordering some H&R or Eibach 1" spacers for the rear :banana:

Anyway, didn't see anybody from here at the show...I saw Troy's car there (complete with the previously mentioned white EZ-up tent), but both times I came around no one was there... :shrug: VERY nice car by the way Troy...and don't ever repaint it...those graphics on the top and bottom of the hood are badass.

I walked through the Swap meet for 4 hours and came close to buying a few things including:

MAC equal length shorties
Eibach Pro-Kit
Bullitt Fuel Door (my plan is to get one and paint it body color)
Never found a good deal on an Auto Meter or Stewart Warner monster tach

In the end, I realized I needed tires REALLY badly, so I held off....(gonna run me around $800 for tires alone) I spent more time at the swap meet than the show, so if anybody has pics or saw anything crazy, feel free to share :nice:

Oh and there was a dyno at the show...I saw the following:

Chevy Duramax Diesel (why did he bring it to All Ford Nats?) - 530rwhp, 912rwtq

Ford Superduty Diesel w/ Banks 6 gun (on stage 4 of 6) 340rwhp, 560rwtq

88 Fox hatch (H/C/I...talked to the guy his best is 12.78 w/ 3.73's and a 2600 stall) - 348rwhp, 412 rwtq

it took forever to get the cars all set up on the dyno, so after an hour and a half to see those 3 we had to leave so my dad could get home in time to go to work in the morning lol....(had to miss the burnout contest!)

I was there meet Troy talked to him for a while. It was nice to have the 1 person I met from here be a really cool guy. I guess I missed Paul cause I asked Troy if he saw him and he said yeah and Molly was tired so he figured they left. Got lots of pics and some vides of cars driving by and vids of the burnout contest I'll post them up later.

I was glad I ended up going I wasn't going to i had my clock set for 5:30 kept hitting the snooze then said screw it i ain't going. I decided to call my bro in law after he was home from work and he said he would go so me my dad and him went IMO it was more fun then last year when i went by myself.

Troy: Sweet car glad i got to see it in person it was nice talking to you. Sorry I walked off without saying bye or anything my bro in law was complaining he wanted to keep walking lol

Sorry I missed meeting any of you guys. I was there on saturday and after about a few hrs my wife had enough and wanted to go. I bought an engine stand and renewed my subscriptions to all my mags.

Congrats to Troy for taking 2nd place in super modified!

there was like 1 other car in his division how the hell did he not take first?

Yeah Paul i was kinda looking forward to meeting you. I would have known you from seeing pics. I didn't know Troy i seen his car and was like thats it thats the guy from stangnet. There was a bunch of people standing behind it I was like i wonder which one he. My bro in law was like probably the one sitting in the yellow chair. I kinda laughed and was like good point so i walked up to him and said "is this yours?" he goes yeah I was like "hi I'm Jinx from stangnet" lol never been good at introducing myself. He kinda acted liek he didn't know who i was then i asked if he seen you or anybody else and he said he saw you but Molly wanted to go home. Then we stod there and talked a while. My dad did more talking about the "old days" and his cars I was about to be like dude shut up lol

Then Troy had to rub it in and say see whats on my dash and there was a couple things so i wasn't sure what he ment and he puuls out his 5.0 and Super Fords Plate. I was like yeah yeah yeah mines not good enough for that yet. You guys suck lol jk. My goal after seeing the "Bar Setter" in there has been to get mine in there somehow even if its a little shot in the Babe of the Month spot lol Someday maybe the Mystery Machine will be the featured car lol