Who's got what short shifter?

• Sponsors (?)

That looks like the Hurst that I have on my 91 coupe. It came with it already on. I don't care for it too much. The one I have is old and doesn't have stops. The top gears (1st, 3rd, 5th) seem to have a much longer throw than the bottom gears (2nd, 4th). You kind of want it the other way around. I find myself reaching more than I would like. I have the Tri-Ax on my 89 and love it. I would give that new MGW or whatever a try. I haven't heard anything bad about it yet.

I got a Hurst non adjustable stop model at Saleen when they were in Long Beach. I think it was taken off a new 93 by Saleen. It is 100% better than stock and all I paid was $35 at one of their sidewalk sales. That was say maybe 12 years ago and it is as good as it ever was very tight shifting and short throws. BUT the new stuff is much better just not $35!!!!

Tri-Ax... it's a little notchy right out of the box but once it's worn in it's very very smooth. Of the 3 I've had (stock, pro 5oh, and Tri-Ax) it's been the best for shift feel and positive engagement. I'm also curious about the MGW.

i run the upr copy of the tri ax, the height adjustable handle is cool and the shifter feels awesom! had a little trouble installing it had to play with the centering springs to get it to go into reverse properly, love it now though!!