Who's near 91350 and can switch tailights for a day? Fix it ticket

I got a fix-it ticket for no front license plate, tinted taillights, and window tint. I'm hoping there is a Stangnet pal near me that wouldn't mind helping me out for a day and switching taillights so I can get it signed off. I used VHT Nightshades for my tinting on the taillights so it is painted on. I'd be willing to drive to you, or pay for gas if needed and even kick down a few more bucks for the favor. Please let me know if any of you are willing to help out. I'd probably only need them for like an hour or so. Thanks.
- Justin

• Sponsors (?)

When Do You need them?

I live in Fountain Valley, but my car is in Palmdale.

In the next week or two. I have to have it mailed to San Bernadino by 8/8/08 (Got it on the way home from Vegas. Wasn't even speeding either) but I just have to stop by my local CHP station to get it signed off. I'd like to have a little leeway time though. I'd like to do it on one of the next two Mondays. The tint I'm just going to have stripped off, the license plate I'll use double sided tape and the lights should take about 10 minutes to swap on and off. If I have the tint off all we'd have to do is swap them and take a ten minute ride to the station and I can give them right back.
- Justin

and this is one more reason why I hate california.. don't the popo's have anything better to do than nitpick b.s. like this.. CMON people...

He's lucky the cop gave him a fix it ticket. Last time I got pulled over for tint it was..."Here is your $160 fine," I didnt even get the option to fix it...instead I just left it on and paid the fine.

To the OP, I will be out of the state this weekend. I will be in palmdale the 11th-13th. PM me, I will give you my cell. I would be able to have the lights available Friday the 11th in the morning.

Honestly the front tag law is rediculous. I got rid of mine when I had to replace the bumper after a wreck. Tint well some places are more strict than others. Cops only stop people here for tint mainly in the summer on a scalding hot day. The taillights well I dunno here they would burn you on that probably the first day after you did it.

Honestly the front tag law is ridiculous. I got rid of mine when I had to replace the bumper after a wreck. Tint well some places are more strict than others. Cops only stop people here for tint mainly in the summer on a scalding hot day. The taillights well I dunno here they would burn you on that probably the first day after you did it.

The front plate law is for red light cameras and other camera enforcement. Basically a money maker for the state. :(

Back on topic, I have a spare set of tail lights up in my attic. They're not in the best of shape but the lenses are unbroken. I'm in West LA/Culver city, zip 90034. If you want to borrow them just PM me.