who's runnin' nos?? a few q's

flames201

Dec 23, 2004
st. amant, la
i am looking into a system for my 04 gt. a few bolt on's but mostly stock. is a 125 too much? is a single jet system safe , or is the noszle kit a good one for the money? i want to do the best i can without blowing the motor. i have been told a 125 is safe w/the stock motor, what do you think? also what brand kits are good and where are the best prices.?

• Sponsors (?)

be sure and get a wet kit, a 125 works just fine with a stock motor/timing ect.

any of the large name brands are good, zex, nos, nx, i personally use a compucar kit, they are a little cheaper and end up putting more power to the ground than the name brand kits due to thier larger jets...

Well, to be perfectly on the safe side, you have to do some math.

First determine your altitude you will generally be around, with a margin of +/-125 feet. If you run any differen't nitrous shots varying from 125, for every one HP up or down add to altitude margin exactly 9.8*(square root of HP). For example, a 150 shot would be +/- 573.4 margin for your altitude.

Find the average and label altitude as a.

With 281ci in this particular modular Ford 4.6L, and with the Mustang GT stock cams (if this is a engine swap, i.e. crown vic motor, explorer, do NOT do this) you should be able to use this formula to determine if it is safe or not to use that particular nitrous shot.

(a+(281/(14.5*abs(a)*(-9.8)^2))^(a/73.235)

If the answer falls between 10-20, the coefficient of safety for the internals of this particular engine, you are safe.

Use a wet kit.

I am running a 150 shot NX wet plate kit on a stock block. I added a focus pump and 30# injectors I also had a tune from Modular Depot. My a/f is right on and my hp is 352 and tq is 436 on a mustang dyno. I have shot well over 20 times at the track and some other times just playing around. As long as you get all the safety goodies you should be fine.

FalconGuy016 said:

First determine your altitude you will generally be around, with a margin of +/-125 feet. If you run any differen't nitrous shots varying from 125, for every one HP up or down add to altitude margin exactly 9.8*(square root of HP). For example, a 150 shot would be +/- 573.4 margin for your altitude.

With 281ci in this particular modular Ford 4.6L, and with the Mustang GT stock cams (if this is a engine swap, i.e. crown vic motor, explorer, do NOT do this) you should be able to use this formula to determine if it is safe or not to use that particular nitrous shot.

If the answer falls between 10-20, the coefficient of safety for the internals of this particular engine, you are safe.

Use a wet kit.

:Zip2: crapola :Teh-Win: :rlaugh: :lol: :rolleyes:

you aint never even sucked n20 from a whipped cream can let alone sprayed it in the car. hahaha.

here it is in plain english...

get a wet kit, use range colder plugs, use 93 octane, spray a 125 shot, dont be a wuss and have fun.

flames201 said:
what's the diff between wet kit and dry kit? i'm just wanting the best kit for the car without f**ing stuff up!!!!!

Both are safe as long as you set them up correctly. A wet kit shoots gas and nitrous right before the throttle body(the gas stops it from leaning out). A dry kit just sprays nitrous before the MAF and the MAF sees all the new oxygen shooting in and adds more fuel. Its up to you I personally am glad I went with the wet kit.

FalconGuy016 said:

Use a wet kit.

That's some of the funniest ***** I've ever read:rlaugh:

Jay