Roush Who's showing their cars at Saleen in Sept?

BlackSaleen said:
I don't think we have to worry about fake Saleens entering the Saleen Class at Saleen. There are to many of us real Saleen owners there.I don't imagine that guy with the V6 fake Saleen would be that brave.

By the way SVT Saleen what color as that V6 fake speedster?

I was thinking of entering the SanDiego Show until i heard that. Its a 160mile drive from where i live and it may not be worth it.

BlackSaleen
2000 SC281:nono:

It was black with chrome 2003/4 Cobra wheels. It had a custom Rockford/Fosgate video/audio system that the owner had a promo DVD for the movie version of Battlestar Gallactica running in a continuous loop. Being parked next to it made my wife's & my afternoon really annoying. :bang:

Coincidentally enough the car appeared on eBay a couple months later with a photo from the San Diego show with my Cobra in the background.

Anyway, the venue for the SD show is probably one of the nicest show locations I've ever attended so it's worth the drive for that reason alone. :nice:

As Head Paneer stated, People's Choice judging is a proverbial crap shoot. :shrug:

But this year I'm going to say something about it if a fake Saleen is entered in the Signature class (I have a friend whose a member of the club & he's usually parking cars).

• Sponsors (?)

Saleen Mike said:
There has been in the past, and they have won awards...

Yep, including that fake beryllium Speedster that is currently in rotation on eBay whose owner claims it is "better" than a real Saleen.

Perhaps he's correct because he was awarded 1st place @ last year's Saleen show.

SVT Saleen

You have described the fake Saleen V6 that seems to show up all over the place. I think i saw that same car in the Saleen Show last year but it was not in the Saleen Class. I remember the stero you described.:eek:

My side of the family all live in San Diego i may enter the show for the heck of it. How many cars were in the show last year?:D

Saleen Mike said:
The almost award winning rental car (as pictured above) images can be found here:
http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/Mike/WCE2003/rentalcar/index.htm

Those were some great posts. Thanks for the laugh.

Dennis, hopefully by the time of the Saleen show my car will be motorless. It will make it easier to push but it would look a little strange. Maybe if I bring the back up level with the front when its motorless I can enter it in the explorer/4x4 class.

ExtremeSaleen said:
Those were some great posts. Thanks for the laugh.

Dennis, hopefully by the time of the Saleen show my car will be motorless. It will make it easier to push but it would look a little strange. Maybe if I bring the back up level with the front when its motorless I can enter it in the explorer/4x4 class.

You could do that, though the jacked up front may be just the ticket for attracting votes. You could even through some sand bags in the trunk to accentuate the look.

I remember one year, a ’99 coupe showed up after 10:00 but was allowed to park anyway. The owners only cleaned the wheels and didn’t bother to open the car or pop the hood. It was all stock except for the cheesy vinyl outline of a horse head on the doors. It placed, regardless.

dotbomb said:
Well I'm committed now. Mailed in my registration today. I'll see you all there. I'll be the one with the non-descript silver 2006 car in what is likely to be a sea of 2005-2006 cars that day.

I expect a lot of ‘05+ cars as well, though last year there were only two in the class, also non-descript.