who's using stock radiator & electric fan

• Sponsors (?)

Alright, i posted last night under my buddies name(white89Gtstang), but I highly recommend the Taurus fan. Easy, cheap, and blow enough air for forced induction applications. You can see my Installation Diagram, In my SIG Below. Hope that helps.!

With the stock radiator & the MarkIII fan mine runs at about 195 with A/C around town and for what ever reason runs about 210 on the highway. At night when it's not so damn hot, ( I live in S. Florida ) it runs about 10 deg cooler. I also am using water wetter.

90Qtrhorse said:
With the stock radiator & the MarkIII fan mine runs at about 195 with A/C around town and for what ever reason runs about 210 on the highway. At night when it's not so damn hot, ( I live in S. Florida ) it runs about 10 deg cooler. I also am using water wetter.
I have water Wetter waiting to be added. :nice:

90qtrhrse - do you still have the small plastic air dam under the front of the car? It's there to create a low pressure area behind and under radiator which expedites the passage of air at speed across the radiator and out of the engine compartment. When those air dams go missing, frequently cars will run warm on the highway because air can't get across the radiator cause it can't get out of the compartment. Or, it could simply be you've got more than enough fan (clearly with the VIII), but a marginal radiator - so that when you achieve some speed and load the engine a bit - the temp goes up. If temps climb consistently when you accelerate hard - it's posible that your radiator isn't doing the job.