WHY!? Are people so rude!!

Yeah I go through the same thing every morning on the way to school: 70+ year old crossing gaurd literally yelling at me to slow down when I'm doing 10-15. Every day. One day earlier this year there was another lady there and she actually came up and banged on the car :fuss: yelling slow down, I was fed up and I floored it leaving a big black mark on the road. I guess that's the next best thing to running her over. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

buddyf87 said:
Yeah I go through the same thing every morning on the way to school: 70+ year old crossing gaurd literally yelling at me to slow down when I'm doing 10-15. Every day. One day earlier this year there was another lady there and she actually came up and banged on the car :fuss: yelling slow down, I was fed up and I floored it leaving a big black mark on the road. I guess that's the next best thing to running her over. :shrug:

HAHA!!! Nice to know we're not alone! Thanks for all the stories. Some of you having me falling off the chair laughing. :cheers:

I must live in the coolest neighborhood. There are no kids, and everyone down the street owns a fst loud car. My street is a dead end, and we often go race on it. We all do big burnouts, and donuts in the culdesac (sp?). That and all the people in my neighborhood are retired, or never had a job.

Similar situation...in my girlfriends neighborhood there are always ladies outside watering their flowers or something. So here i come past in my car with the 351 dumped off (pretty loud and the cam doesnt help) and they start goin CRAZY like im racing or something. Im cruising in first at about 15 lol. I guess the sound multiplies the speed by 1,000,000,000,000,000 :lol:

When a lady in my neighborhood started doing that, I drove about 15 or so in first gear and held it there. I loved doing that, because she would say anything, just stare at me....lol
Scott

Crash Gordon said:
I must live in the coolest neighborhood. There are no kids, and everyone down the street owns a fst loud car. My street is a dead end, and we often go race on it. We all do big burnouts, and donuts in the culdesac (sp?). That and all the people in my neighborhood are retired, or never had a job.
HAHA its basically the same for us....we live in a sorta ritzyish town i guess, and all the neighbors LOVE our cars, which i dont really understand considering my dad's car sets off car alarms, and actually DOES rattle windows, and my car is pretty damn loud too...... when i bought my car last summer, and i was driving it up and down the block that first week every day learning how to drive a stick better, my neighbor comes up to teh car one day and i thought he was gonna yell at me......he goes "i LOVE the way your car sounds, it has a very nice tone, and sounds like an old muscle car wrapped in a new cars body!" ....i was like thanks a lot.....i guess i have it good :D but i DO understand what the original poster said about people giving him ****......old people just dont like the car, unless they are into cars....

hehe, nice thread, gents--funny $hit. i go through this all the time w/ my dumped flows. my gf's brother-in-law has an '88 gt w/ flows, so whenever we're there together, all their neighbors seem to sit outside just to give us dirty looks. after a while, it gets frustrating--these people don't realize that just because it sounds loud doesn't mean we're going fast. only thing you can do w/ that is REALLY go fast and maybe make the tires chirp at take-off... then they'll see what going fast really is.

My best friend lives in quiet little neighborhood with alot of old people and such, and i respect that so when i go up there i try to be quiet, but one day the guy that lives down the road, *who had a 96gt and sold it about 6 months ago, he was always racing everyone, thought he was a real bada##* is out in the yard and screams "SLOWDOWN" at me, and i stopped, backed up, got out of the car, pointed at the blackmarks that were still in front of his house from when he had his car and didnt say a word and just shook my head, and got in my car and drove off. Since that occurance ive seen him at a couple of car shows and such and he wont even look at me, guess i hit a nerve? i dont know, oh well, it was funny. Still makes me laugh to think about it

RiCeBuRnErGiRl said:
My best friend lives in quiet little neighborhood with alot of old people and such, and i respect that so when i go up there i try to be quiet, but one day the guy that lives down the road, *who had a 96gt and sold it about 6 months ago, he was always racing everyone, thought he was a real bada##* is out in the yard and screams "SLOWDOWN" at me, and i stopped, backed up, got out of the car, pointed at the blackmarks that were still in front of his house from when he had his car and didnt say a word and just shook my head, and got in my car and drove off. Since that occurance ive seen him at a couple of car shows and such and he wont even look at me, guess i hit a nerve? i dont know, oh well, it was funny. Still makes me laugh to think about it

He is jealous of you, and whishes he still had his stang. :rlaugh: Do you have the stock h-pipe still?

mo_dingo said:
When a lady in my neighborhood started doing that, I drove about 15 or so in first gear and held it there. I loved doing that, because she would say anything, just stare at me....lol
Scott
I've done that too on many occasions. If you bitch I'll do it more until you stop. Just like for tailgaters. If you're riding my ass I'll find the slowest car in the other lane and match their speed. People need to learn the world doesn't revolve around them. I can understand someone being mad if it's at night and you're purposly trying to make as much noise as you can, but not if you're just cruising down the street to get to where ever you're going.

Driving through the base when I was posted to Manitoba a few years ago, I had a Sergeant Major RUN to my car, from his office next to the road, while I was at a stoplight to tell me that

"The next time I see you driving at that speed down that road, I'll chase you down and you'll be out on that parade square for hours"

I then returned to my unit. Passed it up my chain of command that I would like to talk, personally, to my OWN Sgt Major. When I was given the chance, I explained my situation, what had happened, and my plan of attack. Well he thought it was the smartest plan ever, because this other Sgt Major had no rights to threaten me like that without previous warning (yes the Canadian Forces is a little soft and humanitarian nowadays).

ANYWAY, I take MY Sgt Major for a drive along that street, doing 50 km/h in a 50km/h zone, in second gear. Lo and behold, who is waiting there to **** all over me, but that very same moron.

His face went pale when he saw my Sgt Major sitting in the passenger seat (who, by the way, loved the sound of my car). His apology wasn't very sincere, but watching him cower from yelling at me was worth every drop of gas I spent that day....