why bassani x?

_MATiC

Sep 24, 2003
El Paso, TX
i've been lookin thru a few threads and it seems that if people are going with an X pipe, they usually go with a bassani..why?! i got my UPR O/R X pipe pretty cheap, the fitment was great, and the power gains were pretty noticeable (installed them along with the shorties.) i guess something to take note of? :D

• Sponsors (?)

been there seen that. I'm on my 5th exhaust and have more in my room. Exhaust is all on personal preference. Me my exhaust is almost all done. BBK ceramic long tubes (not yet purchased)
Dr. Gas Short X (sitting in my room)
SLP Loudmouth cat-back (already on the car)
When its done it will wake the dead I hope i've never heard the combo before.

83GtConvert said:
Ive been looking at the upr catted x, alot cheaper than bassani and i heard its comparable to the magnaflow and bassani
i dont know how different the sound is, but mine sounds pretty mean with the flowpaths..and i got mine pretty cheap. it fit awesome (i installed my complete exhaust myself). u should def look into it and i've heard good things about it!

yeahh i think im going to, not sure how much shipping is from the upr site, but yeah im doing it all myself and going with dynomax ultraflows, since i got a connection through my dad with dynomax (hes a mechanic so i got access to a lift, makes **** so much easier)

pleasehelp said:
Isn't bassani x made all stainless? Maybe that's why they're so much for them :shrug:

DING DING DING... we have a winner! LOL! Seriously though, the reason more people opt for the bassani and why it is more $ is because of the fact that it is stainless and will outlast the car. I run a bassani offroad X one mine (its been on since ~1998) and I have never had ANY issues with it. The UPR, Dr. Gas, etc are not stainless and will rust out over time more than likely.

BASSANI all the way only way!!!! but ya know 5.0 mag did a test and the Dr. Gas out did the bassani dont ya???? But i've done one cheap mod and never again my stang will only get the best of the best price is no biggie for now on!!! Going next week for the bassani's ceramic LT's or equal lenth cant deside yet???? peace

john :p

the upr is still cheaper than the bassani aluminized version. I HATE NEW YORK EMISSIONS, i wish they made an x or h-pipe where you can take the cats in and out for emissions but take it off when you want too EDIT: for a fox body