Why do Grand Prix try to race me?

r0b0t c0rpse said:
My friend owns a 96 GT that he swaped the 96 Cobra engine in, trans , rear end ect.

he has headers and open ehaust, intake and chip.

i handed him his arse with my 99 regal. He's since installed a 75 shot and still doesnt think its enough to take me (he lives 4 hours away, met him at college and we havent raced again yet)

BEST ET was 13.744 @ 101.X, w/2.268 60' , BEST MPH was 101.74 If i get my 60' around 2.00 or less i would be looking at a LOW LOW 13. It doesnt help i cant go WOT in 1st gear with out smoking the tires. I am also adding a 85 MM maf and 75 MM throttle body and progressive alcohol injection ( waiting on the couplers /adaptor plate for the new throttlebody )

i have a DHP computer, high lift aluminum roller rockers, slp headers & exhaust, open cone intake, generation 5 supercharger and 3.2 inch SC pulley (stock is 3.8)

WITH ONLY a 3.4 inch pulley basic stuff (T stat and plugs) and hot air intake, dhp comptuer, i was destroying 2000 body style GT's.

acouple days ago raced a 5.0 conv with somekinda hood and pins and turned him inside out..

The pre 97 gtps had the 3.4 dohc or OLD 3.5 ( cant remember) DOHC motor and there were also TGP's that came with the 3.1 turbo
Series II SC was factory rated at 240 HP and 280 TQ but it was more like 300 TQ
Series III SC was factory rated at 260 HP and 280 TQ, but their PCM's hold the cars back AND they have smaller fuel injectors so they are actualy slower, despite some engine and trans upgrades.
97 GTP's and up had the 3.8 L supercharged. (sereis II)
97 up regal gs's had the 3.8 L supercharged. (series II)
2004 impala SS has the 3.8 L supercharged. (series II)
2004 montey ss has the 3.8 L supercharged (sereis II)
2004+ GTP / GTP comp G had the 3.8 SC series III

Granted most "stock" cars will have major issues racing especialy launching because it takes alot of practice, i still have trouble. With traction control on by mistake i ran a 14.8 i let go after my terrible launch and coasted past the 1/8 at 80 something and figured why push the car, most of the drivers you run into are likely running with traction control on and preformance shift off...

next time you run into a gtp or GS ect, if you can hear the SC whine, be ready for a race.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737586/6

that link will take you to my cardomain page where you can view my timeslips from the first time i went to the track, i have yet scan my most recent. THe fasest time slip on the site is my old PB from my first time at the track, 13.763 @101.x

Tell your friend learn how to drive :shrug:

The bigger MAF won't do anything unless you're pegging the one you currently have. If you're not, spend money else where.

• Sponsors (?)

My friend had a 2001 GTP (before he traded it in on an Avalanche). Took me for a ride in it a while back and I have to admit it was a pretty snotty car. Being front wheel drive with most of the weight over the front tires, it jumped off the line pretty hard and kept right on peddaling till the next gear. I think he did a pulley swap and it had a CAI. Otherwise, it was stock as far as I remember. I'm sure it would have been a driver’s race between it and any stock Mustang GT made before '99. Even then if the '99-up driver got caught napping, there wouldn't be a whole lot of distance between the two by the time they shut down.

They’re quick for their weight. That little Eaton blower makes up a lot of the cubic inches that they’re missing. Too bad it was one of the noisiest, rattling cars I’d ever been in. And although they’re a good looking car on the outside, GM has always been famous for putting the cheapest looking crappy interior and dash layout of any manufacturer I’ve ever seen. I hope the newer ones look a little more modern. :nonono:

popcorn.gif

This is good stuff lol... I have a friend who is a member of clubgp and his car is pretty quick. 13.6 or so. but come on with all the work he has in that thing it should be faster. and the transmissions are straight crap!!!

the Buick GN was a fast 6 cylinder.. not the GTP.

01Steeda said:
This is good stuff lol... I have a friend who is a member of clubgp and his car is pretty quick. 13.6 or so. but come on with all the work he has in that thing it should be faster. and the transmissions are straight crap!!!

the Buick GN was a fast 6 cylinder.. not the GTP.

definitely. the GTP should be faster. the GN is king and the GNX is god. the typhoons were bad ass as well. i think they should go back to the turbo setup vs the supercharged personally. i wouldnt mind seeing a factory superchaged LSx...

Not all us members are like BillFisher.

billfisher said:
gtp guys, you suck.

be at clarksville tn raceway 5:00pm wednesday apr. 5. and lose as many times as you like. this thread also sucks. stupid gtp.

I can't believe you let this thread get to you and with a reply like this, We mustang people need to show our age and not IQ.