WHY do I keep chewing blower belts???

when i first got my blower back from vortech, my belt lasted no longer then 1 day..i opened the hood and see my blower belt wrapped around the INSIDE of the crank pulley... i put the new belt on to see what was misaligned... the belt was riding the outside edge of the tensioner pulley. This would push the belt INSIDE and make it jump... after shimming the tensioner until i got it right, i put the belt back on.. (i noticed that the blower pulley had a patch of sharp edges on the grooves but thought nothing of it).. its been 3 weeks since without a problem. Today i was driving and i heard a loud clank... popped the hood and sure enough i saw the belt hopped a groove inside the blower pulley and was shredded.. what could cause the problem? the pulleys???? People tell me to check the alignment of the pulleys... If so, how could that be the case if you cannot adjust the crank/blower pulley??

• Sponsors (?)

I would check to see that your blower head isn't out of alignment.This is caused by either the head not being shimed right or the brakets flexing under boost.The other things to look at is buying the right belt grove to match the pulley ribs to insure proper seating.I have found that using firestone or even certain gates belts they don't have a decent grove pattern and if the belt is riding on the edge of the pulley or the pulley has chunks taken out of it it will tear the belt in no time.