Why do they use its just a 4 cylinder excuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't have a Honda, but I do have an 81 Toyota Celica that has more metal than my 92 LX hatch. And its a 4 cyl and i've continually beat 5.0's, like i've said before and will say it again, alot of it has to do with the driver. And remember, the guys in the Porshe 911's and Diablo's say the same thing about your 5.0's and you get pissed and make up an excuse like "well he's got a more expensive car" and other excuses. If you beat a Civic, big deal, YOU SHOULD! But when he beats you, thats another story. And you guys calling people that are driving Civics and stuff retards, GROW UP!

• Sponsors (?)

All this anti import crap is so stupid. Because youll want to sell your car when you get raped by some guy in a civic that is putting down a ton of power and roams around in his little civic looking for the type of mustang drivers like a lot of people on this board. Come up to my town, southern NY, and I can show you a parking lot full of civics that will hand most mustangs on this forum, including mine, their ass.

Some guys are into imports. Its a fact that doesn't affect me much, means very little. I'm an old dog at 40, been racing 5.0's 20 years, technology passed me by 10 years ago, so I stick with what I know. My 5.0 was looked at real funny at US30 in 1988, the old timers thought the punk lost his mind with that little, ugly LX (so many times I heard "why didn't you get the GT?) but the 12's I could run all day with a car I drove an hour to the track answered them without me saying a word. I didn't see a point in arguing about it, they wouldn't hear it anyway. Are the imports fast? Sure they are. I don't particularly care why, either. Will I race one? For what? Different animals. No matter how fast you go, someone is gonna go faster. I like to watch the Evo's and STI's on those rally races, but they're not my thing. My LX sits comfortably in the garage now, retired to a pampered life, because my Toyota Carolla, with 245K takes the beating I don't have to dish out where I don't want it. Point being, better embrace them, gentlemen, they're staying.

Bottom line, because they are stupid little kids, that is why.

And your more mature how? Talking like a 6th grader lol. Whats next, guys that drive imports are poopy heads?
In my opinion getting my Celica to over 300 hp was a way bigger accomplishment than getting my Falcon to 300 hp. Falcon was bolt on this, that and off we go. Celica I had to do fuel computer, bore, stroke, shave, etc. Just because you don't understand the technology, you guys don't have to bash it. And remember, your Mustangs are a dying breed, a new generation is coming, quit living in the past. Most of your 5.0's are 15-20 years old. How many Mustangs out there have 250,000 miles on it, original motor and tranny never been cracked open and you can still bash it? My Celica had 220,000 on it with original motor and trans and still ran like a raped ape. I have a buddy who has a 4 door 91 accord with 215,000 on it with a 125 shot and rapes 5.0's and Camaro's all the time.
Yes, my 92 LX hatch will always have a place in my heart, being my first car, but the response I get from other people when I drive it is because of you guys and I want to get rid of it. If you guys realize calling people that drive imports retarded or whatever you have to realize your hurting yourselves and your cars, you should be saying nice car, but if you had a Mustang you could... If you keep the younger generations interested it will help prolong the legacy of the Mustang, not hindering it.
And you better embrace them cuz imports are staying and your Mustangs are the ones phasing out.

Some guys are into imports. Its a fact that doesn't affect me much, means very little. I'm an old dog at 40, been racing 5.0's 20 years, technology passed me by 10 years ago, so I stick with what I know. My 5.0 was looked at real funny at US30 in 1988, the old timers thought the punk lost his mind with that little, ugly LX (so many times I heard "why didn't you get the GT?) but the 12's I could run all day with a car I drove an hour to the track answered them without me saying a word. I didn't see a point in arguing about it, they wouldn't hear it anyway. Are the imports fast? Sure they are. I don't particularly care why, either. Will I race one? For what? Different animals. No matter how fast you go, someone is gonna go faster. I like to watch the Evo's and STI's on those rally races, but they're not my thing. My LX sits comfortably in the garage now, retired to a pampered life, because my Toyota Carolla, with 245K takes the beating I don't have to dish out where I don't want it. Point being, better embrace them, gentlemen, they're staying.

Thats a good post right there. Man its nice to see someone actually keep their 5.0 and retire it into a garage instead of retiring it by selling it. If that wasnt so damn long Id put that whole post in my sig. I hope my LX lives a long a prosperous life as did yours. A retired fox almost touches my heart no joke.

Im guessing you have a honda? Were not arrogant pricks, we make fun of the retards who try to be fast in civics and arent and will never be, you should know that the mustang 2 dosent count when it comes to fast stangs!! J/k LOL Oh yeah please bring your honda the next time your around tallahasee, we'll line up!!

And what does your badass ride run at the track??? Ill line you up with 15 Civics/Integras that would make you look retarded. You can be fast in anything, ever seen a Diesel truck go 12s or 13s?

Ignorance is bliss, now go to the track run some 14s and think you own the road!

And what does your badass ride run at the track??? Ill line you up with 15 Civics/Integras that would make you look retarded. You can be fast in anything, ever seen a Diesel truck go 12s or 13s?

Ignorance is bliss, now go to the track run some 14s and think you own the road!

+1

Lol, I too hate the "brand/import/domestic wars" fights. I just like well built cars that do what they were built for well.

But when I do get that kinda crap from people driving newer, powerful, and smaller displacement engines I like to joke with them that I just beat them with a heavier car thats twenty years old and using 1960's technology. Like someone posted before, every underdog likes to boast its weaknesses :D

Stangnet Rice Alert.

And your more mature how? Talking like a 6th grader lol. Whats next, guys that drive imports are poopy heads?
In my opinion getting my Celica to over 300 hp was a way bigger accomplishment than getting my Falcon to 300 hp. Falcon was bolt on this, that and off we go. Celica I had to do fuel computer, bore, stroke, shave, etc. Just because you don't understand the technology, you guys don't have to bash it. And remember, your Mustangs are a dying breed, a new generation is coming, quit living in the past. Most of your 5.0's are 15-20 years old. How many Mustangs out there have 250,000 miles on it, original motor and tranny never been cracked open and you can still bash it? My Celica had 220,000 on it with original motor and trans and still ran like a raped ape. I have a buddy who has a 4 door 91 accord with 215,000 on it with a 125 shot and rapes 5.0's and Camaro's all the time.
Yes, my 92 LX hatch will always have a place in my heart, being my first car, but the response I get from other people when I drive it is because of you guys and I want to get rid of it. If you guys realize calling people that drive imports retarded or whatever you have to realize your hurting yourselves and your cars, you should be saying nice car, but if you had a Mustang you could... If you keep the younger generations interested it will help prolong the legacy of the Mustang, not hindering it.
And you better embrace them cuz imports are staying and your Mustangs are the ones phasing out.

Umm, let me tell you, BECAUSE I DON'T MAKE STUPID EXCUSES AND I DON'T SAY I WON A RACE WHEN I LOST DUE TO A HANDICAP. A celica is a girls car to begin with, and secondly if 300hp is what you consider real power, which would be expected of someone who drives a celica, good for you, but doesn't it make more sense to start out with something with 300hp? Your little buddy wants feel good about driving a grocery getter and puts a 125 shot on it and thinks he just sprouted a pubic hair, well, that would be typical of someone who is friends with a celica driver. Your still driving a celica and an accord. Anyone with an IQ over 70 could install a nitrous kit, so I am sure both of you with a couple calls to the summit managed to get it installed, my Z28 could still probally waste it, especially if we went into some corners and when the speeds get over 130mph, (if I put a 125 shot in, then what, oh I can spray even more) and yeah, my mustang doesn't have an engine but I could probally get a u-haul trailer and put it on that, connect it to my truck with a 125 shot and get the job done. Oh, and any one of you want to mess with my freind's Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins in it since were talking about "my buddy has"? Oh, and we can tow more than groceries with our vehicles. Keep pollishing that terd.... don't stop, keep it up all day, and see what you get at the end of the day.

Sorry, I can't stand second place arguments. Run what you brung and hope it's enough. Anyone who stands up for second place arguments as an excuse is a ricer in their own way. Before I pulled the engine on my Mustang, I ran it with two cylinders with near 50% leakdown and all of them were over 25% leakdown but I never used that as an excuse. If you win a race, go on to who's faster, when you loose, figure out what went wrong and fix it.

I have this image of a celica and a accord infront of taco bell with two guys standing in front of them with thier arms crossed and thier ball caps that are on thier heads crooked reads "Icy hot stunnaz" :D

the ignorance in this thread is sickening. What every happened to different strokes for different folks. My buddies civic runs right with my mid 13 second 5.0. Granted it's blown with a cam and such but it still gets 35 mpg. try that in our mustangs. Man I hate ricers, a park bench wing, fart can muffler and "rims" but there is a difference between ricers and tuners. His car is a tuner, it doesn't have a wing, it has wheels but because they are lighter. I just hate it when people are like "hey bubba that there car is ghey because it's foreign". Heck my buddy who has the civic also has a nice 63 comet. No one thought a 64 falcon would be collectible in 64 but it is highly sought after now. Most cars will have a following in 30 years, just like that falcon has now. I love anything that people put work into and make their own. That's why I can appreciate everything from a supra to a nice 30 model A. What I can't stand is when people "build" a car by throwing money at it. That could be anything from a Ring Brothers Mustang to a high dollar import. What ever happened to being gear heads. Heck when we put the cam in his Honda it's just like any other AMERICAN ohc motor, just with another cam follower for VTEC LOL. We must unite aumotive brethern or the man will tear us apart! :flag:

Thats exactly it, man. Everyone has different tastes, time and technology isn't gonna stop. This hobby is something we participate in, but aren't gonna control. The chip these import guys carry is the same exact chip we had, and were told the exact same thing"that 5.0? that ain't crap." We knew they were, they still are, and, in the middle of a huge fuel crunch($2 a gallon? The hell, you say!) Ford can't keep them on dealer floors today. I personally love the Supra, STI and Evo's, have no clue how they do what they do, and I'm fine with that. I'll never have the Carrera R4 either, But it doesn't mean the owners are trans-gender, just that their cars aren't for me. Stangnet is, however, as is my 5.0, and the small, but significant niche we have in the hobby I love. Imports got a website these guys can go off to, like the far off corner of the Burger King parking lot where the rap is coming from?

I hope no one got me wrong, I don't care what they race, even if it's a lawm mower but if you think your lawn mower can spank my vehicles, if you loose don't start making excuses. I mean, in the story by the thread starter stated this guy with a DSM races him and looses, then throws out an excuse "well it's a 4 cylinder' and then goes on to say that the car that beat him, is a POS, so what does that make his car? I guess something lower.

I think in all races I have taken part in, there has never been any excuses when I lost, just a thumbs up to them.

Even if a pitcher thows a foul ball, if the batter swings at it, it's still a strike.

Anyone who makes lame little excuses, or stands up for those who do, is either very immature or just knows nothing about racing or any sport for that matter.

what would be even better is beat them at their own game....build a 2.3t pinto that throws down 300rwhp.... yes that was REAR WHEEL horse power lol...

Seriously, I have no problem with imports racing, its just not for me. The only thing i have is that its kind of a losing battle in my opinion because a fwd car is not going to make any kind of traction. However, I have to say that some of the rwd/awd imports are nice like the 240sx, 3000gt, evos etc.

From my experience it does seem as though a lot of the import guys make excuses, but i think that mostly because the guys racing most of them are like 16-18 because thats what they can afford. When your a teenager and have a penis and drive a mustang your going to have high insurance, and most high school kids cant afford it. The excuses arent from "import racers" its the teenage high school kids that drive them.

Status
Not open for further replies.