Why do we love fox bodies?

• Sponsors (?)

They are just rare around here. You do NOT see them, and when you do see them, only half of them are something you want to look at. Others are rough and worn out.

Not to mention, when done right, they look 100% badass!

They are just rare around here. You do NOT see them, and when you do see them, only half of them are something you want to look at. Others are rough and worn out.

Not to mention, when done right, they look 100% badass!
i am also in michigan and hardly ever see them and they built them 5 minutes from my house .i love the foxbodies because i owned one in my senior year in high school back in 1988 and it's nice to feel young again.:D

Its just something about them.. Every time i sell one and try to move onto an SN95 or newer stang i just keep coming back to the good ol fox...

Finally i'll have a stocker that i've always wanted with the "simple" mods :D

I think i'll always have a fox, hopefully something to pass along to my children :)

38 here, and I couldn't agree more. When the 85GT first came out I fell in love instantly. Before that I really had no interest in Mustangs but it was something about the look of the 85 that drew me in. The first time I saw one laying rubber that pretty much sealed it. lol I got my 85GT in late '87, which of course was right around the time the "Aero" Fox bod hit the streets. By the early '90's there was 5.0 action everywhere. I still remember the first time I heard my buddies 89 GT after he installed an off-road H and Flowmasters. :eek: I thought that car was the meanest thing I had ever heard. I also remember my first beatdown at the hands of a "bolt-on" 87+ LX. lol What a time that was. Of all the guys that had 5.0's back then I'm one of the last few hold-outs. I pretty much agree with all the responses here. There have been countless times I've thought about selling one (or both) cars for something newer but the fact is there is nothing out there I like that much.

For most in my age group, 30-35, it has to be the fact that these cars were the hottest thing on the street that the average guy could get when we were coming up. The body lines were simple and clean. They were defintely 80's in design, with their boxy look, but that body style is a classic. The ability to mod was easy, although the aftermarket was nothing like it is today. But back then, all it took to get your blood racing was a Flowmaster exhaust. The sound is all it's own. There is nothing that sounds like it, even today. A 4.6 with the right exhaust system sounds good, but it doesn't compare to the throaty, able to light 'em up at any time, sound of the 5.0.

What is sad is the fact that these cars are almost becoming extinct in my area. I rarely see a Fox on the road. And if I do, you can garauntee that the radio is off and the window is down to hear what the thing has. LOL. If we pass one that has a stock exhaust on it, even my wife calls it weak. Haha.

Today, I was at a friends who was buffing his black '88 LX. I was just sitting there looking at the car when he was working, and I just stared at it. Looking at how simple, yet beautiful these cars are. The average guy just doesn't understand the attraction we have to these cars. They view them as old and ugly. But if they were ever able to drive one, they would fully understand.

Well why do we love them? I mean in all reality we the majority of us cant say it is because they are cheap, beings how with the money that we have put into our foxes most of us could have any mustang we wanted whether it be a terminator or mach 1 or an oh so drool worth 60s mustang, let alone being able to pick up a ls1 equipped f body. And its not like Foxes are great for picking up girls, I mean be honest you get a lot more attention from guys (fellow hot rodders but guys none the less) than you do from girls when you are rumbling around in your Stang.

So what is it that attracts us to them, is it the light weight and simple sportiness of them, or that they are in a sence the last of the true bare bones muscle cars. Or the legendary status that 5.0 badge has built up on the track as well as the streets, or the second hand stories you hear while bench racing of the time someone was at the track and this little mustang coupe annihilated this wicked 11 second Chevelle. I was sitting around the other day with this question in my mind and just wanted to hear some of your reasons for loving the foxbodys.
so true about guys liking these cars more than women my wife hates my car and thinks it's ugly.she can't understand the fascination i have with my car and she wishes i would just buy a new one.the other day i asked her opinion whether to get a saleen wing or a cobra wing and she says she definately likes the saleen wing better so even though i was leaning heavily towards the cobra wing i have decided to go with the saleen wing.:D

- the fact that a 300ci motor driven right can sometimes out perform bigger cube motors. thats when u laugh. then u get to thinking, if u had the same motor as the other person, what more of as ass woopin u would have on him.
- u can always tell a 5.0 from a mile away
- some people are afraid of what a 5.0 can do

I pretty much liked them since the day I was born I had a hot wheels '65 vert and a plastic fox Mustang with the TRX rims. I kept the '65 sealed in an M&Ms box to keep it clean, and nobody knew what was in the box. When I went to the bus stop every morning in the second grade I would walk past a 7up LX and I would say "That’s what I'm going to drive when I grow up."

When I moved to the Chicago area in '92 they were everywhere, (I guess they weren’t too popular in back in Oklahoma):shrug: This was the first time I seen one 'go' and it was the meanest thing I had ever seen or heard. Two of my neighbors had GT’s; and occasionally a fox stang gang would hang out on my street, which was too cool.

I like them...because yes they are cheap, light weight,ton of after market and to me the Fox Body is like a "Mullet" Hair Cut in that its out dated but it has attitude. The motor is business in front and rwd makes for party in the back with nice burnouts. My favorite fox is the aero fox with t-tops...it has a lot of mulitude...you can take the t tops off...blast some guns and roses and sport a tank top to cruise in and not get laughed at

I like them...because yes they are cheap, light weight,ton of after market and to me the Fox Body is like a "Mullet" Hair Cut in that its out dated but it has attitude. It the motor is business in front and rwd makes for party in the back with nice burnouts. My favorite fox is the aero fox with t-tops...it has a lot of mulitude...you wear take the tops off...blast some guns and roses and sport a tank top to cruise in and not get laughed at

:lol:

:leaving:

I've been to 800 plus car cruises to find out that I have been the only Notch on the boulevard; seems hard to comprehend with how many were made, but most say how they liked my body style the best or what is that color? Coral reef blue!

I would definitely say my 04 GT has much better ergo's than my 93, but I just had to have another Mustang and needed one as a DD.

I remember when I first brought my Notch back after building it all winter in my buddies shop, it rattled every window in my parents house with long tubes, prochamber and american thunders dumped. The cam only a .534 to stay with stock slugs, made a sweet popcorn sound and I have had LS1 guys about break their necks trying to see what was rolling up to them 3 cars back in traffic. If I only had a camera; ahhh the memories.