why do yall not like the 5.4L

Most people just don't agree with the guy who dares to be different because they don't make as much power bla bla bla.

But, lets back off and understand that this guy wants to be different. He wants to be the guy at the car show that will stand out. He wants to be the guy with more cubes.

That's it. Go on. :popcorn: :popcorn:

• Sponsors (?)

He wants to be the guy at the car show that will stand out.
Unfortunately, the only ones who will notice he did an engine swap at all are the die hard Ford Modular guys. To anyone else, it's just another late model Ford Mustang. Hell, come to think of it, most old timers and Fox guys I know still couldn't tell you what kind of engine was under the hood unless it sported push rods and either a carburetor or the old familiar "clam shell" EFI intake. You should even see the amount of supposed hard core "Mustang guys" I’ve spoke to that still think the Mustang sports a "5.0" from the factory. :rlaugh:

i want to do it, because its the road less traveled. and just something you don't see very much.. just something special my car and i can say we did.... even if it isn't the most cost effective way to get some more power, its still IMO the more learning and involved way of doing it...

I like my 5.4, fits rather nicely under my L's hood.
100_6201.jpg

I see nothing wrong with puting a 5.4 under the hood of a stang, if you have the money and resources I say go for it. It's not something I would do to the wifes stang, but I say each to there own. People should be able to spend their money any way they want without people jumping all over them. Maybe it is a waste of time and money, but if it's not yours who cares.

Attachments

• 100_6201.jpg
    100_6201.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 39
People should be able to spend their money any way they want without people jumping all over them. Maybe it is a waste of time and money, but if it's not yours who cares.

Your right, people should be able to spend their money any way. But, forums are for people to voice their opinions about the topic at hand, so if you don't like what people have to say, don't bother posting in mustang forums. This isn't in the tech section, so people are entitled to dissagree and say whatever they believe. Just be ready for the heat though.

BTW, I see a roots blower on that 5.4 Lightning, and thats not what we are disscussing.

Your right, people should be able to spend their money any way. But, forums are for people to voice their opinions about the topic at hand, so if you don't like what people have to say, don't bother posting in mustang forums. This isn't in the tech section, so people are entitled to dissagree and say whatever they believe. Just be ready for the heat though.

BTW, I see a roots blower on that 5.4 Lightning, and thats not what we are disscussing.

It's all good, I do realize it's a discussion about putting a 5.4 N/A in a mustang, just being sarcastic with the L pic. And you are totally right in everything you said, It's not a tech forum and we should be able to disagree or agree with whatever topic is at hand. Just think it's cool if someone wants to be different, I wouldn't do it but to each his own. Never said I didn't like what was being said, kind of good to see the pros and cons of any mod. :cheers:

It's all good, I do realize it's a discussion about putting a 5.4 N/A in a mustang, just being sarcastic with the L pic. And you are totally right in everything you said, It's not a tech forum and we should be able to disagree or agree with whatever topic is at hand. Just think it's cool if someone wants to be different, I wouldn't do it but to each his own. Never said I didn't like what was being said, kind of good to see the pros and cons of any mod. :cheers:

:flag:

Mark

wow, even though ppl seem to think different than me.. I really am glad i started this thread.. I am learning some of which i didn't know 100% about.. very informative
:D

I keep hearing this little saying in my head. "HP to weight ratio" Alum 4.6 @ 500lbs, or Iron 5.4 @ 725lbs? decisions,decisions. Think I'll stick w the 4.6 Can always overbore and build a real classic...... 289? Anyone remember those?

I like my 5.4, fits rather nicely under my L's hood.
I see nothing wrong with puting a 5.4 under the hood of a stang, if you have the money and resources I say go for it. It's not something I would do to the wifes stang, but I say each to there own. People should be able to spend their money any way they want without people jumping all over them. Maybe it is a waste of time and money, but if it's not yours who cares.

I miss my Lightning! It was a lot of fun. I loved blowing the doors off of sports cars. Nobody knew WTF the truck was. It always amazed me that people were stumped and asked me what I got under there??? I miss stomping LS1's in a 5,000lb fridge.:D :rlaugh: