why do you drive a fox?

love the fact i have a proven and proven again foundation, fast, cheap, reliable. the 5.0 sounds amazing imo. looks are great, can be made into "your own" with the HUGE aftermarket following, love that i still have creature comforts like a/c, power steering, a decent radio. a decent ride( not anymore since ive lowered mine lol ) the fact that every time i drive it i get a thumbs up for older guys. the fact that its something you dont see everyday. ive wanted one since i was 10ish years old when i rode in my first one. a dark blue 93 GT vert. they just scream muscle for there day.

• Sponsors (?)

Looks good, easy to work on, and ect. You get the 60's motor, late 70's chassis, 80's styling/refinement, and later refined in a little more in the 90's. Then you can easily bolt on parts from stangs all the way up to '04; you cant beat it. Not too many cars have spanned almost three or four decades of technology and still be raw and in your face at the same time.

When I was in the second grade I thought to myself, "That's the kind of car I'm gonna drive when I grow up."

1. Parts are cheap and plentiful;
2. HUGE aftermarket, one of the biggest for any year/make/model of vehicle out there;
3. I dig the looks/sound of a 5.0 Fox;
4. Easy to work on;
5. Better ride, size, and overall practicality when compared to other sports cars (Camaro/Firebird, namely).

older brother influence, i didnt know what fast was until the fox(back in like 93) and that was it, only fast car in my mind was a mustang.....i love foxes ever since......
also the fact that i have the same motor my dads 69 and my uncles 66 have is cool, you can relate to alot of the old school guys but still have efi and relate to the newer stuff as well its definately the biggest stepping stone from oldschool to modern
i do like sn95's and termis though(emphasis on the termi)

I owned a '03 GT as most of you know.

One thing that really sticks in my mind is when i drove the GT around, i was 2-3 other GT's and 10 V6's a day that all looked the same. It's a cookie cutter car.

As for the Fox...well up in the northeast, they are hard to see. Do you know when the last time I saw a fox onthe road here?? 5 weeks ago! I am lucky to see 1 a week in the summer. When i drove mine around, people used to come over and talk to it,ask me if i wanted to sell it and give me thumbs up.

With the fox people also know i'm an enthusiast to own a 21-year old car like that in good condition. With the newer model, people just know you can afford to buy a new car really. There is some "coolness" factor about driving around in a nice old car.

Granted, the SN95 was a hell of a lot comfortable. It had ABS, T/C, 6-disk changer, leather was quiet on the highway at 80MPH and got great gas mileage. It was a nice new modern car with some power.

However, i upgraded to a nicer DD so i don't need all that now. Now it comes down to what Mustang would I enjoy yo drive...and that is a 5.0. They are cheap to fix, parts are EVERYWHERE and they are getting old enough to be considered antiques which adds to the coolness value.

4 more years and i can toss an antique plate on my car...and i want to

I can't afford anything newer!!! Not having a car payment for 17 years is great.

Really, it is a very affordable car for me, not to mention it is a Mustang. Like $500 a year for repairs & maintenance, including tires and such, since I can do almost everything myself. It is easy to work on, good performance for the price, and like was said, it just looks good.

BTW, The reason I got my car in the first place in 87 (instead of an Acura Integra for my wife) was because Ford was rumored to be replacing the Mustang with the Probe. I had to get one before the RWD models were gone I told my wife, and she let me! But then I had to buy her a house (and me a garage)!

kf111111.jpg

Need I say more?

Attachments

• kf111111.jpg
    kf111111.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 32
I like small cars, and the fox just happens to have the shortest wheelbase out of every mustang style. I love the lines of it! I fell in love with a yellow convertible that was in a Mustang book when I was 4. I love the simplicity of working on it, and if you wait around long enough and aren't in a hurry, you can get some nice parts for then really cheap.

You can do literally anything with them.Drive the pee out of them and they ask for more.Cheap parts and a HUGE aftermarket for them,and parts swap over from a lot of cars.Believe me,I know.

i made a thread in 4.6 asking why they all drive 4.6's not 5.0's and now i want to hear the other side of the story. the reason is im kida wanting to get another fox but not sure yet. it wont be my DD im just looking for a nice car thats fast. and cant decide on selling the 98 and getting a fox or keeping it and making it fast. just gonna cost a little more.
With all due respect BK, this is not the question you asked in 4.6L talk. You asked "why is a 4.6 car better?" You also made no mention initially about getting another Mustang for non-daily driver duty. Had you made your questions in the 4.6L Forum more specific to this direction, you probably would have gotten a lot different answers.

EDIT: WTF? this was meant for the "why do you drive a fox" thread...how the hell did it get here?
I have no idea what you did, but its in the right thread now. ;)

I don't drive a 5L fox unless it is a nice day, and if I am not out on my bike.

04GT DD: I appreciate how the car handles in the snow, that it doesn't attract the wrong kind of attention, and the interior is more comfortable than my 93.

93: Vortech whistle, pop corn cam, most old-school muscle car guys tell me that they have always like the "notch" body style the best and it's a little rude without being spartan.

I just sold my 90 GT and I miss it, but I love my horsepower in my 4.6 also. I think its because its different, I loved the sound(raw 5.0), and everybody loves their 'own' style of mustangs! I think the foxbodys are a beautiful car, my license plate tags read "SO FOXY!!" lol