Why does every one go SC'ed? What about nitrous..

I dont have a lot of cash to throw at my car so if I go power adder im going with nitrous....its a lot cheaper and will give good HP results and outstanding TQ results when tuned properly....and if you dont use your bottle all the time like every week filling it up should not be a big issue...I hardly ever get to the track anyway if I was to race so its not an issue for me.
Id probably get my motor built up nice to handle a big shot like a 150 and then still be better off than a built motor and then spending $5k more on a blower....again its just I dont want to throw a lot of my savings at a blower when I can get the job done for a lot less with the juice.

• Sponsors (?)

i ran a 150 shot on my old 98GT with no problems at all and this was a dry kit and now i have a blown 03 GT so in all to each their own i prefer the blower to the bottle. 350 gets owned by 450 any way you look at it

nothing against nitrous, but it just isn't what i want. i want my power all the time. if my car was strictly a track car i would consider it, but i like to use my power whenever possible. you just can't do that with nitrous without constantly filling the bottle up. plus i like that the car is just like any stock car, change the oil and fill up with gasoline and go.

the98stang said:
Wow I expected more than 300WHP from a 100 shot...

Just curious...what is the biggest shot you can spray with out tuning the car? And if I go with a 100-125 shot, will the shop need a Xcal2 for a dyno tune?

How much would a nitrous set up be including the tune....$1500 max?

A S/C or bottle won't be for a while since im poor...I'm just planning.

Its a NPI car though, so it is only a 225 HP motor withoutthe spray