I fired up my '91 GT today and it made a strange whine so I turned it off. That's when I realized that the starter was running and was engaged. I removed my key and the starter kept running - turning over the engine. I had to unhook the battery to stop it. I figured i had a stuck starter solenoid so I spent the evening getting the starter off... I checked out the starter and the gear retracts easily so I hooked the battery back up and checked the wire to the starter and it had full voltage. Sooo, the problem isn't the starter but instead the voltage in the wire, even though the key is off... Is this an ignition switch issue? I never changed mine before so I assume I have one of the (dangerous) original ones. Is this a good assumption? Is there anything else I should check before replacing the switch? THANKS!