Why don't they just change the name to "4.6 Mustangs and Fast Fords"!!

I just go the new issue of 5.0 Mustang yesterday and there are 2 dinky articles in the whole thing on a 5.0 Mustang! It pisses me off a little that a mojority of the articles are not 5.0 anymore and you almost never see a 5.0 on the cover!

Sorry, just had to rant a little bit.

• Sponsors (?)

What do you expect them to do? It's been 15-years since the last fox rolled off the assembly line. There are still plenty of feature articles on 5.0L Mustangs out there, but exactly how many more times would you like them to rehash a "Basic Bolt on's on a Fox" tech article....I mean.....we covered that stuff 10-years ago.

I'm the one who should be complaining. When was the last time you saw a T-Bird or Cougar....or any other fast ford (other than a Lightning) featured?

I just go the new issue of 5.0 Mustang yesterday and there are 2 dinky articles in the whole thing on a 5.0 Mustang! It pisses me off a little that a mojority of the articles are not 5.0 anymore and you almost never see a 5.0 on the cover!

Sorry, just had to rant a little bit.

The chic in the back had too many clothes on too :nonono:

What is this world coming to :notnice:

i like that magazine, at least they feature real world style cars and not overly done up riced out cars or all out drag cars like muscle mustangs always has done for the past few years

they are just keeping up with the hobby, there arent alot of stories left to do on the 5.0 other than test new products, which are now few and far between.

For one thing, it'd at least be "4.6 Mustangs and SUPER FORDS". Get it right :rolleyes: The other one is Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.

Doesn't bother me, I like reading about it all. Not to mention a couple months ago they had me in it :rlaugh:

For one thing, it'd at least be "4.6 Mustangs and SUPER FORDS". Get it right :rolleyes: The other one is Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.

Doesn't bother me, I like reading about it all. Not to mention a couple months ago they had me in it :rlaugh:

yeah yeah yeah rub it in why dont ya

were you at carlisle dave? i swear i saw a dude that looked just like you but i wasnt sure. i wish you had brought your car there, i would have liked to see it

They should call it " 05+ mustangs " actually,b/c thats all there is. I think most of the pplthat have the new ones are spoiled douche bags. Like this kid at the track with an 05+ v6 with a procharger, he was a douche bag and he was only running a 13.8 was the best I saw on DRs

And you can even ask Cauley or slow95gt, they both witnessed it.

yeah yeah yeah rub it in why dont ya

were you at carlisle dave? i swear i saw a dude that looked just like you but i wasnt sure. i wish you had brought your car there, i would have liked to see it

I wasn't at Carlisle.

If E-Town would get back on the FFW schedule I'd be there every time :( I was there at the last one a couple years ago.

If they changed the name, then you would have nothing to rant about. :lol:

I'm sure i speak for everyone when i say that we love ranting threads about things our of our control.

while we are at it, lets complain about global warming! :nice:

edit - forgot smilies so you know im joking

What do you expect them to do? It's been 15-years since the last fox rolled off the assembly line. There are still plenty of feature articles on 5.0L Mustangs out there, but exactly how many more times would you like them to rehash a "Basic Bolt on's on a Fox" tech article....I mean.....we covered that stuff 10-years ago.

It doesnt matter when the last one rolled off the assembly line, or how many times they have covered things on 5.0L's.

Think about all the people that are new to the hobby, or have just recently become a 5.0 enthusiast. Are they just outta luck because they didnt start reading a magazine for a car they didnt own 10 years ago?

If the magazine has "5.0" in the title, it should damn well better have its fair share of 5.0 material in it. Regardless of what has been covered in the past.

the magazine is no different than the forums. if a noob comes and asks how do i change my air filter, they get flamed by those that have been around. their threads wont get the attention they deserve because it has been covered on the past.

also, magazines cater to the paying sponsors. if the sponsors want ads on the hot new parts they have for the 4.6, then that is what is going to be published.

It doesnt matter when the last one rolled off the assembly line, or how many times they have covered things on 5.0L's.

Think about all the people that are new to the hobby, or have just recently become a 5.0 enthusiast. Are they just outta luck because they didnt start reading a magazine for a car they didnt own 10 years ago?

If the magazine has "5.0" in the title, it should damn well better have its fair share of 5.0 material in it. Regardless of what has been covered in the past.

And that's why all these magazines sell back issues. You don't see the classic and II guys complaining that their cars don't get a lot of coverage....and they were around long before the Fox Body was. And what about the people new to the hobby that didn't buy 5.0L's. Should they be rewarded with a magazine primarily made up of Fox bodies when they bought a Mod Motor Car?

Oh...and the Magazine in question, "Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords" doesn't have "5.0" in the title. You're thinking of a different publication "5.0 Mustang and Super Fords"

Either way....any magazine that wants to stay in business has got to keep up with the times. 5.0L's have more than had their fair share of articles and technical publications written about them and Ford hasn't produced a 5.0L in a Mustang in 13-years. So why shouldn't the newer breed of engine get more coverage?

You 5.0L guys are just going to have to get over it and come to the realization that the 5.0L Fox isn't the only Mustang made, or worth mentioning. The Fox/SN-95 5.0L is dead and gone, never to be heard from again. The aftermarket is slowing down and soon you guys are going to start seeing a reduction in parts. Heck, a lot of the companies that used to make dozens of different parts for the 5.0L have discontinued a lot of their items. That's just the way it goes. Be thankful you got the 20+ years of coverage that you had. You can bet no other Mustang made from here on out is going to get the attention the Fox 5.0L did.

In the letters to the editor, many people have complained about the lack of 5.0 coverage in 5.0 and super fords magazine. The opinion of the editors is always the same. If you don't like it, cancel your subscription. This is exactly what I did. Now I can't get rid of the special offer envelopes. No matter how cheap it is, I don't need a magazine about a car I don't own. :bang:

I haven't bought anything except Modified Mustangs in over a year and i don't plan on it until the other 2 start diversifying. I can't buy a mag to see the same car in 30 different body kit and paint schemes. Modified Mustangs ALWAYS have at least 2-3 Fox's in their coverage. I don't mind the new cars, i just want variety.

Lol, well buy a 4.6 too! It doesn't bother me any because I have the 90 and the 04, so I can use all the info/tech except the 05+ stuff. I like the the 79-85 carbed tech articles too, because I can apply it to my 68. I guess I just need a S197 now.

Oh, and I have Mustang & Fords for the classic stuff.