why dont we use these?

• Sponsors (?)

Those heads come completely unfinished. You need to do more work to them, valves, springs, studs, machining etc... the runners are also arranged differently so their might be a problem with your header fitment.

After you're done with these heads you would've put 10 grand into them, but hell of a set i tell ya!!!

LOOK AT THE INTAKE FLOW NUMBERS!! 400 CFM HOLY ****!!

SeventyMach1 said:
Excuse my ignorance ...... why is this?

What size comb. chambers do they have?

Sounds like a good candidate for a Messican block with a screw type blower at around .... oh ...... 20 psi. :nice:

...pardon my stupidity...I believe I was wrong on this one...after a little research I realized that the cam will have a great affect on low end than the heads will :rolleyes: I guess I also made the assumption that they wouldnt have any low end based on the "Nascar" name...I guess because they are always running on top end....idk it was a stupid comment and I apologize... :cheers:

Lyncher said:
...pardon my stupidity...I believe I was wrong on this one...after a little research I realized that the cam will have a great affect on low end than the heads will :rolleyes: I guess I also made the assumption that they wouldnt have any low end based on the "Nascar" name...I guess because they are always running on top end....idk it was a stupid comment and I apologize... :cheers:

pardoned lol

:cheers: Well, I can see how you thought that. And I guess it's true to a certain extent. But, by no means should they be considered weak on the lower end. Granted, they could do better. I travel around the state with the NCARNG for shows..... I sport a HIGHLY MODIFIED Hummvee ...... and occasionally a Greg Biffle car that won 2 races. I asked the Docupak representative about this very subject. He says their gearing is what makes people think that. But like I said, it would still be awesome to slap a nice blower on an engine with those heads.......

the yates are the same price...check out the ford GT heads...they are the final revision of the 2000 Cobra R heads...1,500$ a piece... thats 3grand for heads!!!!