Why is my 302 missfireing?

• Sponsors (?)

No changes, I just bought it monday. :damnit:

It missfires in or out of gear. Mostly when the temp guage approches the middle of the "normal" section, and sometimes it goes away for a few minutes. It will slightly miss sometimes at night.

What other info do you need?

EN7 said:
No changes, I just bought it monday. :damnit:

It missfires in or out of gear. Mostly when the temp guage approches the middle of the "normal" section, and sometimes it goes away for a few minutes. It will slightly miss sometimes at night.

What other info do you need?

what year ??

he said 94

you might want to inspect your cap and rotor... the cap for any cracks, look very hard... check the terminals for oxidation and wear

check your spark plugs as well to ensure their quality

A good way to isolate the miss is by pulling plug wires off the dizzy cap one at a time (with a pliers with insulated handles) and see if it changes the way the engine runs. The idle should slow down, or make the engine shake when you pull each wire. If you pull a wire and it does nothing, you have isolated which cylinder is causing the problem. From there you can inspect the plug, wire, etc.

As an aside, 94-95 mustangs are prone to PIP failure (I am NOT at all saying this is the case or even emphasizing this - just info and a heads up).

Good luck.