Why is my car a dog?

90VertGT

Founding Member
Jul 29, 2001
MA
I have a rebuilt 306 with a B303 cam and 1970 351 heads with bigger valves. They have been pocket ported and exhaust ported and I was told they should yeild around a 9.5:1 compression with it's 58cc chambers and a regular .031 comrpessed head gasket on a flat top piston. The motor now has 200 miles on it and it is a dog. What should the timing be set at with this cam? The original stock motor had a lot more balls than this car. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

What about the intake? tb? maf? exhaust? fuel press? inject? With those heads you need more air than the stock set-up will give you. And the stock headers and cat MOST go! If you still running the stock #19 inject, you need at lest a biggers fuel pump 190 or 255 lph. and crank your fuel press with an adjutable fuel pressure regulator...

I have the stock intake right now but I do have a Trick Flow Street Heat waiting to go on. The Magnaflow X and catback is going on today. The TB, MAF, and Inj are all stock. What injectors would you suggest I use? 24lb? Thanks for the replies!