Why is my car so slow???

r/t....187
60'...2.319
1/8...10.020
mph...71.26
1/4...15.481
mph...90.15

sorry it took so long to post that... My first time slip got lost but i remember that it was a 15.50 at 90mph. cant remember my 60' time. I just did a tune up not to long ago when i got the msd coil and wires. did an oil change few days before i raced. Engine has 87,000 miles. I had no choice but to take off the Nitto d/r's that day , they were totaly fried and were starting to turn to string and fall apart. I know to race, i know thats not the problem. The 4.10's are definetly the right gear, there is no reason to put in 3.27's or anything less than a 3.73 unless you are road racing (dont fear the gear!) those gears kick ass from a roll, just loose me traction from a stop. im going to be putting in a built aode w/stall converter and valve body this winter, so thats next, then probly heads/cam/intake set up.

• Sponsors (?)

my first 15.5 was bone stock... After 4.10's my car still wont even hit redline on its own, so i havent botherd to change the shift points yet because i dont need to worry about hitting the limmiter. Plus at 5,500 something wierd happens, it just screams and i get no power.. i heard it might be my valves floating... i dont know though

You have a stock intake and your pushing the motor to 5,500? Is that on the factory tach? Cause I'll warn you on mine, when my car said 5,200 on the factory tach it was actually 5,800.

Tthe factory tach took a dump this summer and has a mind of it's own... or no mind at all actually. Just kinda bounces all over the place or sticks in place. :nonono:

I did get to see how far it was off with an aftermarket tach right before it went out. Plus I seen the numbers on the dyno and how far it was off then too.

mystang94gt said:
When I was stock I ran 15.2 at 91. Then with nothing more than CAI, Pullies, H-pipe WITH cats, catback, 3.73's I went 14.7. With nitto d/r's I dropped to 14.4 at 96mph. Oh and BTW I could only manage 2.089 60's so its not like I was getting outta the whole a LOT faster than you.

later.

We did pretty much the same thing, although my "stock" run was with my 3.73's. It was a 15.2 @ 90.90 mph with a 2.3 60'. After I did my pullies, CAI, and exhaust, it dropped to a 14.8 @ 95.27 mph with a 2.4 60'!! My launch got worse (due to bald street tires) and I STILL ran half a second faster and picked up 5 mph with exhaust and a couple bolt-ons. I was stoked.

davins130 said:
r/t....187
60'...2.319
1/8...10.020
mph...71.26
1/4...15.481
mph...90.15

sorry it took so long to post that... My first time slip got lost but i remember that it was a 15.50 at 90mph. cant remember my 60' time. I just did a tune up not to long ago when i got the msd coil and wires. did an oil change few days before i raced. Engine has 87,000 miles. I had no choice but to take off the Nitto d/r's that day , they were totaly fried and were starting to turn to string and fall apart. I know to race, i know thats not the problem. The 4.10's are definetly the right gear, there is no reason to put in 3.27's or anything less than a 3.73 unless you are road racing (dont fear the gear!) those gears kick ass from a roll, just loose me traction from a stop. im going to be putting in a built aode w/stall converter and valve body this winter, so thats next, then probly heads/cam/intake set up.

LOL no one said to put 3.27's thats just what my car came with from the factory. You do have some issues though because 90mph is DOG slow. I ran faster MPH stock. With yout mods you should be right around 95 or 96 like superdust, CTman and myself. Even with the lack of traction and bad 60's you shouldnt be that slow. I'd look at your shift points and make sure the 4.10's are giving your computer problems. Good luck.