why is my system weak?

carbed87

Jun 5, 2005
alright so like in my sig, i bought my car with two kenwood 12's, enclosed in a competition bandpass box, powered by a kenwoon 800watt amp, and a rockford fosgate 1fe. capasitor, my question is, why does it sound so weak outside? it sounds deathly inside? is it just the way my 93 hatch is designed? any help would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

I built a system for mr bro-in-law's hatch and you could hear it coming about a block away. He had his bandpass right behind the rear seat and he always drove w/the windows rolled down which is probably why the broke into it and stole everything except the radio. So maybe you don't want to make sound too loud outside and have the same happen to you.

Rajun_Cajun said:
Get rid of the bandpass. IMO, they sound like crap. And why in the heck would you want it to be loud on the outside? Do you like pissing everyone off? If so, a little word of advice...

Port it, and bass will come. :p

i agree....bandpass --no good---you should take advantage of the fact u have a hatchback...get sealed enclosure and point them babies up into the glass...
big bada BOOM