why is my system weak?

Discussion in 'Mustang Sound & Shine All' started by carbed87, Aug 26, 2005.

1. carbed87

carbed87 New Member

alright so like in my sig, i bought my car with two kenwood 12's, enclosed in a competition bandpass box, powered by a kenwoon 800watt amp, and a rockford fosgate 1fe. capasitor, my question is, why does it sound so weak outside? it sounds deathly inside? is it just the way my 93 hatch is designed? any help would be great.
  2. iskwezm

iskwezm Advanced Member

If your worried about sound outside your car just mount some speakers outside.Your car must be pretty "tight" to keep the sound in.
  3. strokedandblown

strokedandblown Banned

most people want to keep the sound in, i dunno why you want it to be loud on the outside???
  4. xspwr stang

xspwr stang New Member

I built a system for mr bro-in-law's hatch and you could hear it coming about a block away. He had his bandpass right behind the rear seat and he always drove w/the windows rolled down which is probably why the broke into it and stole everything except the radio. So maybe you don't want to make sound too loud outside and have the same happen to you.
  5. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

Get rid of the bandpass. IMO, they sound like crap. And why in the heck would you want it to be loud on the outside? Do you like ****ing everyone off? If so, a little word of advice...

Port it, and bass will come. :p
  6. VPStang

VPStang Founding Member

i agree....bandpass --no good---you should take advantage of the fact u have a hatchback...get sealed enclosure and point them babies up into the glass...
    big bada BOOM