Why is there so much hatred for the Stang?

Silver95Stint

Oct 28, 2003
England
I have been checking out other forums because I have been thinkin about getting another car once I get back stateside. I don't exaggerate when I say this....90% of the people in other forums flat out hate the stang. Apparently, the 5.0 is the worst Car ever made according to them. They rag on it all day, but it's such a joy to say that the killed when in a drag race. They respect the cobra and spit on our cars, and say that most of us are rednecks with mullets and live in trailer parks. I don't mind words and stereotypes to a certain extent. LOL. I am 23 year old black male who likes the idea of having a snap your neck kinda car. What happen to the love among car enthusiasts? Have we presented some type of arrogant behavior and rubbed people the wrong way? I just wanna know WTF mate? Has anyone else felt the animosity? Is it because the 5.0 is a legend and has been the model for what most people have based their preception of a fast car? :shrug: It's seems like they are a bit envious, for what I don't know. Anyway let me know if I'm alone. Has anyone else felt this from other car owners, and if so give some type of feedback. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

5.0s have had a nice long run of making fools out of just about any other car on the street. Old wounds heal slowly - sometimes not at all. Alot of people hate my car, I dont think that much of them though either :)

I was at a gas station last night when someone in a Neon pulls in not long after I got there. After I came out of the store I was walking back to my car and his g/f was over by my car asking what kind of rims I had and other stuff. The guy seemed pretty cool we talked cars for a little while and he told me about some of the other area stangs that I dident know about. We left kinda at the same time and I got next to him at the next light. I dont know if he was trying to race me or not since he told me that he raced one of the local area vipers so I figured hed give me a shot ( not sure if he raced the viper w/ the same car or not) So when the light turned green I ripped first gear, I look back and hes a few bus legnths behind me.

There are a lot of people who hate the stang...sad really, they're mostly ricers. people who really KNOW cars and not just how to make them look "cool" have respect for the 5.0. My boyfriend is in to autocross and makes fun of my car b/c it handles like a "tuna boat" lol but i agree, that's the only problem that anyone knowledgeable could have with our cars is the rigid rear axle.so that's about it, basically i get respect for the 5.0 unless it's someone who really has no idea

Well, Hm, I'm somewhat happy to see this thread go up, because it's true... and although many of you have thrown out a lot of good explanations, all of which are probably true... there is one key element that people always forget...
it kind of ties in with time, which i think was brought up before.
But realize that there are SO MANY AROUND!
seriously though, 6 cylinders, 8... whatever have you, there are a lot of mustang cars around... and they're fast for what you pay for...
they are easily one of the cheapest cars you can mod and look damn sexy. People do and do not appreciate that.

Keep in mind too, with all the gts and cobras kicking around your neighbourhood, with everyone driving them, how many of those drivers are cocky behind the wheel? I am guilty at least some of the time, maybe not always, I like to cruise around the town just as much as anyone else, but if i feel like being aggressive, damn hell i'm going to be! and that's why i bought the car! but a lot of people just get annoyed by how common/popular the car is...

it's a beautiful car ladies and gentlemen... you should be happy people are cutting it up everywhere else... it's the idea that the car is getting attention you should realize, not the kind of attention. I know that sounds dumb but it's true... you know it's going to be negative in an RX-8 Forum! But the fact that the car was even Mentioned as a topic makes you wonder why... ;)
i mean, what other car gets so widely discussed in OTHER forums...
nothin, but - the stang.

Doug

wait a minute silver95Stint... you're black?

:jester: just kidding man

i probably would get killed in an autocross event, but i'm gonna do it anyways... california raceway/speedway (i think that's what it's called) on oct 16... maybe- or i'll just go to the track there.

o well, i like my car- everybody else can suck it! :banana:

Yeah the 5.0 is an awesome motor, people either respect it or hate it. Like the guy in the newer NSX that i left 3 cars back before as i hit 3rd gear from a light last night, and the guy in the '02 M3 that i put a car and a half on from an 80 roll, yesterday. Im sure they both really hate stangs now. :rlaugh:

I don't see it much as an insult. I like the fact that our cars are no longer just an icon of american muscle, but instead, they've become an instrument of measurement when trying to explain the power of another vehicle. How many times have you heard a kid with a dressed up Civic or something, saying "Yeah, I can smoke a 5 litre" or "I can keep up to most mustangs". I don't find it anything insulting, instead, I see it as they reason out our cars to be the cars to beat. Most of my import buddies, despite having a severe hate on for Fords, respect a dressed up Mustang just as much as the next guy. It might just be the early 80's rustboxes that give us a bad name sometimes. I have alot of people in my group of friends that would sell their intergra's in a second if i offered up my pony.....I guess that says enough, even if they do hate us.

well imma put my info in too, its koo im a 20yr old blk male, so whatevers,hehe

Anyhow my opinion is who gives a fawk wat other people think. I bought my car because i like it not because other people will like me in it. Im not prepared to spend 1,000s on a car and rims and sound system because other people like it. Which is why im a firm beliver in function over fashion. I just dont have the money spends hundres and thousands on impressing my friends. So anyone who does has too much money or has that ricer mentality. Then again its their money so they can choose how to spend it.

Point is people are always going to talk shiet, but as long as ur happy that doesn't matter

ya i have to agree that its more of a jealousy thing.

we have the cars that set the bar for performance in the late 80's early 90's and have continued to kick ass.

yall know how many car mags call the fox body the 57 chevy or 69 camaro of the new age.

think about it what other car except maybe LS1's make ricers talk so much ****?

like the guy above said, i always hear about import owners compareing their cars to stangs.

even guys that have real fast cars, that bracket race and such, call the 5.0 the best bang for the buck v-8 since the 60's.

xr8d302 said:
I don't see it much as an insult. I like the fact that our cars are no longer just an icon of american muscle, but instead, they've become an instrument of measurement when trying to explain the power of another vehicle. How many times have you heard a kid with a dressed up Civic or something, saying "Yeah, I can smoke a 5 litre" or "I can keep up to most mustangs". I don't find it anything insulting, instead, I see it as they reason out our cars to be the cars to beat. Most of my import buddies, despite having a severe hate on for Fords, respect a dressed up Mustang just as much as the next guy. It might just be the early 80's rustboxes that give us a bad name sometimes. I have alot of people in my group of friends that would sell their intergra's in a second if i offered up my pony.....I guess that says enough, even if they do hate us.

:stupid: He said it pretty well.