Why is this so hard??

EXTRPR50

Founding Member
Oct 7, 1998
Im doing my O2 sensor replacement, which is what, 30 -45 minutes? So, not only are the old sensors stripped, the new ones will not go back in. This has taken me a loong time to do, including going to buy a 7/8 closed in 6 pt. wrench.
What do I need to do to fix this so I can put my new sensors back in? Its in an unk. H-pipe, so Im not sure of quality. HELP, I wanna drive my car!

• Sponsors (?)

The O2 sensor thread is the same as an 18 MM spark plug. A trip to the auto parts store for an 18 mm spark plug thead chaser may fix your problems.

Hey "J", Im changing the O2's because of codes suggesting to do so. Do I need to diconnect my battery or anything to clear the codes before I restart the car? Thanx

Hey "J", Im changing the O2's because of codes suggesting to do so. Do I need to diconnect my battery or anything to clear the codes before I restart the car? Thanx

It would be a good idea to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes. This will reset the computer and speed up the adaptive learning process that the computer uses when it sees different inputs from the new sensors.