WHY?? not many early

olbob

Founding Member
Mar 13, 2002
Maine
What is your opinion on why that there are not many early 80's around. I have looked all over the net and cannot find many, if any. Were they that bad? Did not last very long? No power?? Rusted out? Any ideas??? Odd tire size???? Your opinion....
Olbob:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The four eyed foxes have become very rare in recent years. They were not any worse than earlier foxes, but the majority have fallen victom to parting out, rust, neglect and the dreaded "aero-nose" conversion.

I'm a regular at another site called Four eyed Pride... myself and other members of the site are dedicated to preserving the 4 eyed foxes because of how rare they have become. I recommend you visit us there and check the classifieds... you may find someone who is looking to let theirs go to a good home.

i get on craigs list when i get bored, i,ve looked in almost big citys in the us and you see very few of them, mabye people are just storing them up? they are slowing going up in price now, gonna hang on mine, but a new 2011gt is gonna be mine soon i hope.

I saved an empty shell of an 80 coupe...

I am certain that will get me into heaven... even if it does have an aero front end and Capri fenders on it.

(in defense: it didn't have any body panels at all, or wiring, or fuel/brake lines, or doors... it was empty)

Besides the obvious production numbers, i think the older cars take too much money to make them into what people want from a 5 liter mustang.
Carbs, crummy heads, low hp output would be the reasons i wouldn't want one.
I've grown more found of 4 eyes and the last few years, and i wouldn't mind a nice black one with t tops, just not a fan of the old technology.