Why spend $250 on 3g when I can spend $150?

Hmm, I followed JR's parts list and spent about 25 bucks on the wiring parts needed. The reused 2G plug is plug-and-play (the only splice needed is the stator wire from the big plug). The stator wire can be purchased for 5 bucks at resto shops, or just use a shielded spade connector.

• Sponsors (?)

Same here...went down to Home Depot and got 12 foot of 4ga wire for $.60 a foot....who and hell pays $3.00 a foot for wire??? Unless you have to have that fancy audio wire that has colorfull insulation?!?! My wire was good ol black! Went to local audio shop and got a 120 amp block with cover and 2 fuses for $15. Went home and hooked it all up in less than an hr and works great! Oh and I'm using a junkyard 3G off a 99 V6 Mustang that I got for $30.

93 331 GT said:
The adapter plug is the key. I f you do not have it there is no way the alternator will work. the plugs on the fox must do not work, and the power plug (the big one ) is removed from the car and spliced into the new wiring. The alternator bracket mus also be modifed as well. The power wire is about 9ft long and MUST have a FUSE in line to protect the car's electrical system and the fuse must at least match the output of the alternator. Any one who knows about car audio, a 130 amp fuse is about 20 bucks on its own and it would have to have a cover over that 10-30 dollars, and don't forget all the eyelets needed to connect the system. Heat shielding is required (passes next to the radiator). You are looking at over 70 dollars just to build the power wire, and you would still need the new 3g conversion plug.
responding to using an audio store's equipment. someone brought it up and from prior car's and my eclipse, it is very expensive. I have the PA performance 150 amp kit and paid $220 about a year and a half or so. It came with every thing needed to convert to 3g