why the hell wont my belt stop squealing?

• Sponsors (?)

thats my fear is that its my alt so before i pull the ps pump later today, i plan to buy a belt that allows me to run all my accessories except the ps pump to rule out all other possiblities. if there is no noise with the ps pump bypassed, then i know thats my problem, if the noise starts up when i hook the alt back up, then i know thats my noise

You poor guy,I have a solution that might work for your skweaky belt.Take the belt off and degrease all pullies involved with spray brake cleaner and the belt as well,or use a brand new uncontaminated one.Then run the car and hold a long WHITE candle along both sides where the belt runs on the pully surfaces.Be VERY CAREFULL with this as it's very easy to loose a finger or two.Candle wax is a very good belt conditioner.I hope this works for you.Good luck!Your GREAT WHITE NORTH car Doctor.

I'll restate for the those in the back row that missed it the first time:

Belt dressing should only be used for troubleshooting a case like the original poster has. It is not, nor has it ever been intended to be used as a long term fix for ANYTHING. Most times, you'll even see that printed on the can.

At most, it's a short term fix until you can get to where what is broken can be fixed. *If I had an icon of a dead horse being beaten to death, I would post it here*

:dead: