why would my car be so light?

• Sponsors (?)

got it on the scale and it only weighed 2990. only thing i ve done is take out the back seat. From what i hear this is light for a new edge stang?

Scale sounds off to me???:shrug:

U sure all you removed is the rear seat? Is your car manual windows, non leather, 16" wheels???

It just sounds off because my 5 speed 91 notchback with aluminum heads, no ac, & no smog equipment weighed in @ 2,995....

If the scale was off would nt it be consistently off and the fox would have weighed less than 2930? so that means the 4 cyl fox weighed 3340 on a true scale. all three cars were weighed back to back. how much does a alum. block save on weight? last year i remember the car being around 3100 (give or take) is pounds when i first got it, i did nt think twice about the weight then because i did nt know any better.

The only way your car weighs under 3000lbs is if the previous owner did some major weight reduction... do you have a tubular front suspension and no AC? :p
The curb weight of a V6 mustang is just over 3000lbs, and that doesn't include the fluids. The GT is a few hundred pounds more, around 3150 without fluids... so unless weight was removed it is not possible to be under that.
My 2.3 mustang has a curb weight of 2750lbs.. how much junk did the 2.3 have in it?

The only way your car weighs under 3000lbs is if the previous owner did some major weight reduction... do you have a tubular front suspension and no AC? :p
The curb weight of a V6 mustang is just over 3000lbs, and that doesn't include the fluids. The GT is a few hundred pounds more, around 3150 without fluids... so unless weight was removed it is not possible to be under that.
My 2.3 mustang has a curb weight of 2750lbs.. how much junk did the 2.3 have in it?

The tublar k member has not been installed yet, the stock one is there. A/c works. The 2.3 probably had 50 extra pounds of weight, 3/4 gas tank and a spare tire and jack.

Sorry dude but that scale is way off , at my work I have a DOT truck scale , that has to be dead on , if a truck goes out on the road overloader with say Iron Ore , thats huge fines for everybody !

I have pulled out almost everything down to the sun visors on my Mustang and its still at 3145 without me in it , 2990 with 35lbs of A/C still in your car , sorry but NOOOO!

ill have to find a different scale then but, the jeep and other mustang were pretty much dead on with what they were suppose to be. Like i said its not the first time i have weighed the car and there was probably almost a year between the two times. The only things i can think of that i removed between the two visits are the cats and the rear seat.

BTW, my 03 Mach 1 weighed in @ 3,350. The only weight reduction was a MM tubular k member, a arms, coil overs, aluminum flywheel, & no cats.... Other weight that was added would include Longtubes, full length subframes, PHB, & 18X10" FR500's....

i agree with you guys 100 percent the scale may have been off. regardless it should have been consistently off if it was, thus putting my car with in 60 lbs of a little over weight 4cyl fox and 2000 lighter than the jeep. Dont know what to tell ya, i bought the car with a built engine and just went out to check to see if the block was alum. Its not a magnet stuck right to it

I talked to a tech at bandimere (the track were i weighed my car) today and he said they calibrated the scales the first day racing began, april 10th. I was there april 11 for test and tune. He also said they calibrate it before every points race and an big event. Take it or leave it. I was there i saw it, 2 other people were there and saw it and the scale was calibrated.

I talked to a tech at bandimere (the track were i weighed my car) today and he said they calibrated the scales the first day racing began, april 10th. I was there april 11 for test and tune. He also said they calibrate it before every points race and an big event. Take it or leave it. I was there i saw it, 2 other people were there and saw it and the scale was calibrated.

If so, then your car must be fully gutted with no sound deadener, no bumper supports, no rear seat, no spare tire, no trunk board & mat, no dogbone, no cats, aluminum block, aluminum flywheel, etc. etc....

You said 2990 still with 20lbs sway bar , 35lbs A/C , 30lbs Spare/jack , heavy stock rims/tires 30lbs each , heavy ass 50+lb driver seat , 40lb pass seat , stock Kmember , if you still have stock battery thats 40lbs ,and all the small stuff that adds up , remove all that it gives you a weight of 2555 , now add light weight stuff , like seats , rims , battery , all that would have your stang an estimated weight around 2700lbs :rlaugh: , get with it dude, fully stripped Fox mustangs have trouble getting down that much !

The back seat that you removed is only worth 40lbs and you still have a cast Block , and a gallon of gas is 6lbs , next your going to say you had a 1/2 tank :nonono:!

Starting to think your trolling or you dont have common sense!:nono: