Why you should always put traction control back on after acting retarded....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myponyisred

Oct 24, 2006
Long story short:

Decided one day to prove to my buddy that his 06 Charger R/T was Overpriced, over-weight, slow, and not as cool as my 'stang. Raced at the track..smoked him. Burn out competition....smoked him out. Got him to admit that he should have purchased a mustang. Then I made myself look like an ass when we went to leave the my house and I forgot to put TCS back on...Curbs are not your friend when you go sideways. Smashed up my rim pretty bad. I went to the dealer the same day and ordered a new one. $250. Ouch. The next day when it came in, I asked them to check out the rest of my car to make sure I hadn't done any more damage. Clean bill of health. Last week I went to my local Dyno to see how I'm doing. Once we had my car strapped in and ready to go, did a few practice rolls. On of the Techs there noticed that my right rear tire was wobbling a little bit. Same one I smashed. Went to ford the same day and had them check it out. Doctors report: Bent axel. $497 to replace it at the dealer. Now that I'm done with the story.. I have some questions. My local ford dealership is netorious for rippin people off and being a bunch of (enter whatever expletive you want here)'s. Wouldn't it be just my axle shaft that is bent? If so, how much of a hassle would that be to change myself? Any special tools to have? I found a replacement shaft online for about $180. Hows that price look? Is the dealer's price for the service reasonable? Am I retarded for even asking? This is my first mustang, and I'm loving it. I'm not a mechanic by any means, but I have worked on humvees the whole time I've been in the service, I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, and I can follow directions.

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I did the same thing in my 85 GTand I actually did about the same damage. I first thought it was the wheel, so I had it replaced and on the way home I noticed it was still wobbling a little bit so I had to have the axle replaced also. I cannot see you being charged more than maybe (2) hours of shop time at the most $160.00 to $200.00 depending on the shops rate. I bet you can get a better price at an independent shop. Good luck!

Yes you can replace the axel your self its just time consuming , you will need to take the differential cover off and remove the wheel, remove the brake caliper and the bracket then push the axel IN then look inside the to the side spring and pull out the “C” clip and the axel will pull out. The axle Bering will stay in the housing. If you want pics to see I can post em because I just got done installing some 4:10 gears and I photographed the process

Some pictures would be great! Thanks a million. I just can't justify letting the dealership do it for 500 bucks.

So mustang militia, I guess after I fix it I'll go trade it in for a minivan or something, since I don't deserve a mustang. I apoligize for driving with TCS on 96% of the time, and having trouble not hitting a curb when the asphalt is wet and tcs is off. My bad. I guess alot other people should get rid of thier mustangs too...since there are alot of sympathetic posts on here saying "I've done the same thing" and things of that nature.

yea mustang milita,thats why we have INSURANCE.do you know what I-N-S-U-R-A-N-C-E is?if people were perfect than we wouldnt need it now,would we?you obviously are the guy of guy who granny shifts a mustang.its a mustang buddy,not a viper.damn,people have no clue.

NoFear06 said:
yea mustang milita,thats why we have INSURANCE.do you know what I-N-S-U-R-A-N-C-E is?if people were perfect than we wouldnt need it now,would we?you obviously are the guy of guy who granny shifts a mustang.its a mustang buddy,not a viper.damn,people have no clue.
WTF does insurance have to do with this subject? It's not a question about insurance you idiot. It's about someone not being able to handle a GT unless it's crippled by the TCS. I guess that's why they put TCS on there. Cause they knew retards would get their hands on them.

TCS is nice, but it does not make one a better driver...it makes us lazy infact. Hop in and stomp the go pedal and off you go!!!!! It puts an emphasis on safety rather than skill and/or fun. It more than likely is mandated by the government due to the fact that as a whole our society is irresponsible for the power cars have and the effects that has on lives. The Mustang has a very basic system compared to some other sports cars and many of the European cars with "stability control" as well as "traction control". We(Stangers)can only have straight line wheel spin corrected whereas the other systems can sense and correct for drift and other such forces.

Majority of wrecks/accidents happen due to poor or lack of driver judgement..not safety features...I have had a few of those myself...none of which TCS would have prevented either.

Here are some basic over views...
http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/safety/articles/46352/article.html
http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/safety/articles/45992/article.html

Plus the title to this thread says it all!!!!! If you're going to act "retarded", then leave TCS on ALL the time!!!!! You CAN have fun with it off, but that requires skill on some level.

Mustang Militia said:
WTF does insurance have to do with this subject? It's not a question about insurance you idiot. It's about someone not being able to handle a GT unless it's crippled by the TCS. I guess that's why they put TCS on there. Cause they knew retards would get their hands on them.
it can take a remarkably dumb individual like you to realize that insurance is here to protect 99% of people who do get into accidents.
why dont you let the driver of that mustang worry about himself instead of getting involved because your life has no meaning?dont try telling us that youve never scuffed a rim or got into any sort of accident reported or not.i have the feeling you actually will say your perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.