wide body kit

all my life i been ridiculed for what i thought looks good, I really could care less what all y'all here think of my car once its all done. moon if you get the kit and everything and get it on once i finish my car we'll have to get some pics of em together. time to bring a new style to the foxes. as for the wheels they're gonna be rota grids.

• Sponsors (?)

all my life i been ridiculed for what i thought looks good, I really could care less what all y'all here think of my car once its all done. moon if you get the kit and everything and get it on once i finish my car we'll have to get some pics of em together. time to bring a new style to the foxes. as for the wheels they're gonna be rota grids.

i LOL'D at were gonna bring a new style to foxes.. i'm sure it'll be more like a kit that looks like it will never belong and a whole bunch of wasted money but do your thing man one day you'll look and go wow sometimes simple is just so much more appealing..

I'm calling BS on that. Everybody That calls himself a car guy here that has a car that has started out w/ some mod that had fugly written all over it. I am one of them. I had a whip antenna bolted to the quarter of a 69 mach 1 when I was a kid. That same car had pin stripe tape on every body line the car had.

I quickly came to my senses however. I removed the 10-4 good buddy CB antenna, and filled the hole, removed the pinstripe tape, and got better by myself w/o the benefit of a community like this one.

If you want to shave your head, pull up one pant leg and wear an american flag upside down, more power to you. You won't be very popular, but hey. it's a free country.

Same goes for mods to our cars. Like I said, this is a community. If you don't care what anybody thinks, then you shouldn't ask for advice, or feedback.

I for one do care, It bugs the hell out of me when somebody says that my car isn't "their cup of tea." But what can i say,....I'm in touch w/ my "sensitive side":rlaugh:

how bout you guys stop being ****ing dicks? he asked a question. He paid for the car so he can do what ever the hell he wants with it.

He asked a question on a public forum and received answers on a public forum. We have as much right to answer his question as he has to ask it. He's a troll with one post. Has he come back yet? I didn't think so.

That being said, there are ways to do it right. Observe:

5139125971_e676429839_b.jpg

659810966_JkVW7-L.jpg

670075104_RYe7m-L.jpg

DSC01433.jpg

machracer2.jpg

Scan4.jpg

Scan6-1.jpg

1989_Ford_Mustang_JBA_Dominator_GTA_Modified_Fox_Chassis_5_0_LX_For_Sale_Rear_1.jpg

Hundreds more out there...

Attachments

• 5139125971_e676429839_b.jpg
    5139125971_e676429839_b.jpg
    568.2 KB · Views: 634
  • 659810966_JkVW7-L.jpg
    659810966_JkVW7-L.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 1,064
  • 670075104_RYe7m-L.jpg
    670075104_RYe7m-L.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 478
  • DSC01433.jpg
    DSC01433.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 232
  • machracer2.jpg
    machracer2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 148
  • Scan4.jpg
    Scan4.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 541
  • Scan6-1.jpg
    Scan6-1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 1989_Ford_Mustang_JBA_Dominator_GTA_Modified_Fox_Chassis_5_0_LX_For_Sale_Rear_1.jpg
    1989_Ford_Mustang_JBA_Dominator_GTA_Modified_Fox_Chassis_5_0_LX_For_Sale_Rear_1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,729
I disagree, those all still suck. They belong parked next to a Countach and a Delorian in the junkyard.

That grabber blue shelby gets half a pass cause it looks like it may have been purpose built, but it still looks all wrong.

yea the one muscle car did a few years ago was MUCH MUCH better then that

I disagree, those all still suck. They belong parked next to a Countach and a Delorian in the junkyard.

That grabber blue shelby gets half a pass cause it looks like it may have been purpose built, but it still looks all wrong.

I said they were done right, I didn't say they were nice. The grabber blue Shelby and the gold Mach below it (Vaughn Gittin Jr's car) are purpose built road course cars. Personally, I like them. They widen their wheel wells so that they can fit more tire underneath the car, not so much to achieve a look. Definitely not to achieve a "tunner style" look to the damn thing. God help us all.

I wasn't gonna be the one to say it, (but I'm glad somebody did)

I personally have always always hated fender flares, and I don't even like the 65, but like I hear all of the time,...."I can appreciate the work and skill that went into making it."

The problem I have w/ balooning out the fenders/quarters on the foxes pictured, is what it does to the line where the body side molding is supposed to have gone. Even when they reapply the BSM back on, it still looks all wrong.:nonono:

The slight bulge on a capri is about all I think you can get away with on a fox, probably because it was originally done by Ford in the first place.

:shrug:
I wasn't gonna be the one to say it, (but I'm glad somebody did)

I personally have always always hated fender flares, and I don't even like the 65, but like I hear all of the time,...."I can appreciate the work and skill that went into making it."

The problem I have w/ balooning out the fenders/quarters on the foxes pictured, is what it does to the line where the body side molding is supposed to have gone. Even when they reapply the BSM back on, it still looks all wrong.:nonono:

The slight bulge on a capri is about all I think you can get away with on a fox, probably because it was originally done by Ford in the first place.

Exactly why i did mine the way i did. That and im cheap. I dont like messing with the body lines

Found it, i really like how this dude did it, not messing with the body lines. When my car goes to full trailer duty its getting this treatment but with a GT bumper and skirts
100_3534-1.jpg

100_3532s.jpg

Attachments

• 100_3534-1.jpg
    100_3534-1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 100_3532s.jpg
    100_3532s.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 251
I don't want to come off as a fan of this kind of thing. I just see a time and a place for it, which is during a race, at a road course. I agree totally with keeping the body lines stock or close to it. There was one "wide body" picture I found that had the body moldings all whacked out and crooked and bulging, it looked way off. Stock look FTW.

He asked a question on a public forum and received answers on a public forum. We have as much right to answer his question as he has to ask it. He's a troll with one post. Has he come back yet? I didn't think so.

Yeah, he hasn't come back yet because you just made him feel like ****. Just say in my opinion it doesn't look good. Don't have to be a prick about it.