wideband o2 sensor(s)

1991vert

10 Year Member
Feb 27, 2004
Ludlow, MA
well my o2 sensors are looking pretty beat up and i was thinking about buying a wideband o2 sensor. im going to rebuild the engine and supercharge it next winter and i also want to add an air/fuel gauge. now with the stock o2 sensors i heard the gauge would be as useful as a poopy flavored lolly pop...

now time for the questions: 1.) will wideband o2 sensors work with the stock computer? 2.) do they have harnessess the will accept the stock harnessess or do i need to splice/reconnect the old harness to make it plug right in? 3.) do i only need one wideband o2 sensor or two?

sorry for so many questions, any help would be nice
-chris

• Sponsors (?)

Widebands have nothing to do with your narrow band & even the ones that are rigged up to are not very accurate @ all, if you want a wideband you have to weld in a new bung & install it seperately from your narrow band.

In general, it is correct that you would be best to weld in a new bung for the wideband O2 sensor. Also, they generally have a digital readout device that decodes messages sent from the sensors...you run the wires up through the firewall to the device mounted in your interior.

I know that certain widebands have options to hook up to things like twEECers and such.

I have considered getting: http://www.widebandcommander.com/