Wider Tires = LESS Traction ??

The cold is hurting your traction a lot man. I remember whenever I would leave work at night the car would spin the tires everywhere unintentionally, but after about a minute or two of driving the would hold solid. They are a hard tire and not getting that warm, you're gonna have to wait till summer to really see how good or bad they are.

• Sponsors (?)

The cold is hurting your traction a lot man. I remember whenever
They are a hard tire and not getting that warm, you're gonna have to wait till summer to really see how good or bad they are.
That's what I was afraid of.

I'm pondering getting a set of Winter only tires so I can still drive it when it's BELOW 40 degrees outside! :rolleyes:

It does NOT get driven in the snow and/or rain (if I can help it).

Any recommendations for a good inexpensive COLD weather tire ?? :shrug:

I don't care about snow traction, just COLD dry road traction.

i live in the south bend IN, area and have a summer tire just like yours, had the car out saturday when it was almost 50 still no traction. its just to cold for the tires man. another couple months and you'll have good traction

i live in the south bend IN, area and have a summer tire just like yours, had the car out saturday when it was almost 50 still no traction. its just to cold for the tires man. another couple months and you'll have good traction
Well, it finally went above 50 degrees today and I pulled the Stang out.

I took it out the back roads and did a bunch of hard launches. :D

The Kuhmos are definitely grabbing MUCH better! NOT great by any means, but MUCH better. They are tolerable now.

Hopefully the warmer it gets, the stickier they will become. :nice: