Widest tire on 17x9's w/ Quads?

bloopbloob

Sep 27, 2006
Alberta
i need some new tires BAD! i know i could just go to a tire shop to find out, but SN is so much better!!!! :SNSign: I have 17X9" Cobra's, with 245/45/17's on it right now, so bald that u can't even tell what parts used to have tread or not! just wondering, if i flip my quads, what's the widest tire i can run without issues? just looking for a size so i can price things out. here's a pic of my baldness just for fun... Also, i heard there is a much cheaper shock that u can buy to replace the quads than buying an actual quad shock, cuz i think mine are shot. anyone know what i'm talking about?
- oh and i know i should just get control arms and ditch the quads, but i'm a student who just finished my term, and nobody's hiring right now, so CA's will have to wait. everything (EVERYTHING!!!!!!) is on credit cards these days.... :nonono:
2591090_40_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Im also running 275/40/17s. the car hasnt been driven yet, but even without flipping the quad shocks they do not touch (at least when stationary). Although I probably could not fit a pencil between the tire and the shock.