Widest tire on bullets under a fox

rdharper02

like kicking myself in the junk
10 Year Member
May 8, 2006
OK folks, I have recently converted my 93 gt to five lug. I am using stock length axles with drag launch springs. Quads have been removed. Anyone know how wide of 17 I can put on the 2001 bullit rims? Im looking for anyone that has got something a bit fatter on the rear.

• Sponsors (?)

yeah 315/35/17 nittos and still have the quad shock just flip it, with 1/4 inch spacers, fits fine no rubs....
IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

Double adjustables on the top and bottom, the quads are gone, but thanks for the advice.

You can still get wheel hop. If you don't have hop then you are good to go, however if wheel hop ever returns (dependant on different tire setups) putting the quads back on may be an option.

In fact, if you can fit them, i'd run them anyway. They are not the band-aid most people think they are.

Anyway, 8" wide rim, recommended tire size is 245/45/17. You could put 255's on there.

275;s can be mounted on the rim as well, but there is sidewall bulge and it's not recommended.

For a fox, i'd stick to 245's...or maybe 255's out back

I have actually found a place that sell Bullitt Wheels in a 17x9 with 6.42" Backspace which is perfect for a 275 Rear, the only problem is they only come in Black. I have been thinking of picking up a pair and getting them painted to match my Fronts.