Widest tire up front?

• Sponsors (?)

I have 255's up front on 17x9's and a steeda front swaybar. It rubs the swaybar on a full lock or the fender on a hard turn when i hit a bump where the suspension will compress hard. I think I might adjust the spacers on the MM plates so that the car bottoms earlier because there is too much bump travel for how low the car is now :p

The rubbing of the swaybar is kind of annoying and I might just put the stock one back on. I have trouble parking in tight spots / parallel parking, etc since I can't make as sharp of a turn now

album_pic.php

The swaybar rubbing doesn't bother me. I just go into a tight turn knowing I have like a 1/8 inch less than I used to and plan for it. I haven't hit the swaybar in a while. It will still turn 98% as sharp as it used to. You would have to pry my steeda swaybar out of my cold dead hands. I think it changes the car completely....for the better. IMO

Stangdriver1119 said:
How wide can we go up front on our stangs without any rubbing issues or with it being to wide that it sticks out past the fenderwall? I want to go 275's all around so I don't lose my rotating ability on my tires, but I'm not sure if 275 is too wide. This will be on 17 inch wheels by the way
The 03-04 cobras run 275's all around, but those are on the 17x9's with a 26mm offset. I've also seen plenty of people running 275's on the stock 17x8 rims (which I discourage).

Wade

Wheel Style: Bullitt Wheel Size: 17x9"
Wheel Backspacing: 5.95" Wheel Offset: +24mm
Wheel Weight: 23 lbs. Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4.5 inch

Wheel Style: Bullitt Wheel Size: 17x10.5"
Wheel Backspacing: 6.84" Wheel Offset: +27mm
Wheel Weight: 25 lbs. Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4.5 inch

Ok heres the specs. on the front and back

I have no rubbing issues what so ever

Killa Klown said:
Wheel Style: Bullitt Wheel Size: 17x9"
Wheel Backspacing: 5.95" Wheel Offset: +24mm
Wheel Weight: 23 lbs. Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4.5 inch

Wheel Style: Bullitt Wheel Size: 17x10.5"
Wheel Backspacing: 6.84" Wheel Offset: +27mm
Wheel Weight: 25 lbs. Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4.5 inch

Ok heres the specs. on the front and back

I have no rubbing issues what so ever

Wow that 17x10.5" wheel is only 25lbs?!?!