Wierd fluid leak, can't figure out what it is.

JH96GT

Founding Member
Aug 20, 2000
Twilight Zone, TN.
I've noticed it twice. It's under the car and between the tranny and rear end. It's not oil because it is eating my epoxy garage floor coating. Possibly fuel or brake fluid maybe? I've looked at the underbody and all fuel / brake components and lines and can find nothing. The first time I saw one it was roughly 3" x 5". I thought I may have spilled something on the floor because I had cleaned out my garage a few days prior.

Today I put my converters back on and noticed a spot about the size of a silver dollar....:nonono:

Any ideas? :shrug:[/

• Sponsors (?)

plus gas would evaporate pretty quickly and you wouldn't even notice a puddle. Could actually be diff. fluid. That stuff is nasty... but it smells like cat piss, so if it doesn't stink then its probably not it.

It's not really a puddle, but more like a wet spot where I can wipe the epoxy up w/ my finger.......lol.

Is there any connections around the mid/center of the car that could leak? I haven't noticed any.

As others have said brake fluid is about the only thing that it could be. I don't know of any connections or couplings in the brake line but that isn't to say it hasn't either corroded or been hit by a piece of road debris and had a small puncture. I would trace the route of the brake line and see whats up with it.

That's what brake fluid does. Put it on paint or epoxy, and when you clean it up the paint goes with it (in this case your finger). Check the whole length of the brakes, if you have trouble have a friend pump the brakes. Have you noticed any pedal difference? Check your MC level too.