wierd problem...

wicked_pony

Jan 18, 2006
1st my check engine light came on so i went to autozone and they said it was my o2 censor...i bought 4 brand new ones put them on check engine light went off...then wen i drive at night and put turn my lights on my clock starts flashing like crazy...sum guy at a mechanic shop said its my alternator...but the car turns on fine and the headlights and the gauges dont flash...just the clock...its hella annoying...do any of u guys know what the problem can be?

• Sponsors (?)

How would u go around to check something like that? I have a decent understanding of cars due to my high school auto class but i dont recall anything about checking O2 senors. Also can anybody let me know what kind of shift kit i could buy for my import killer and roughly how much i am likely to spend?

put ur car on a lift and check to exhaust piping for these wierd looking plugs before and after your cat...Also get a fluke or multimeter and your haynes manual and plug up the voltage on your o2 sensor and just run some simple checks...It took my about 30 minutes to get to the ones right after the headers on my 00, Rating on pain in the A** level out of a 10 was an 9....