Wierd squeek coming from rear of car....

dreddstang

Founding Member
Aug 26, 2002
Waldorf, MD
it sounds like either the passenger side brake drum, or maybe the control arm squeeking somehow.

It only happens when I am taking a left turn from a stop and accelerating, no matter how hard, but it will get worse depending on how fast I am going. It also gets alot worse if there is a passenger in the car with me, especially a heavy one (no heavy girl jokes here, please ,my girl weighs about 115 :D ).

It has not ever done it from a straight start or in the other direction. Does not make any noise at speed even on exit ramps.

I have Granatelli double-adjustable lower control arms with the hemispherical busings at the tq. boxes. They have been there for about a year and a half I guess, and I have never had a problem out of them. They have recently been lubed while I was installing a new motor, this started after that. Also have the same company's solid upper c/a's.

Anyone ever heard of the control arms doing this? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I think u need a spacer to push the wheels outs like half an inch. Cause on a turn the fenderwell is most likely hit the tire, and with more weight the body sits lower and the fenderwell rides down of the tire if they arent space properly.

dont forget to check spring isolator. bushings do creak.
do you have a cricket living on the pumpkin? (as opposed to the frog someone had in their fuel filler) :)

I am definatley not putting spacers in my springs or wheels, they are not hitting the fender lips.

I thought it might be a spring isolator, they look good.

I think itis the lower c/a, but the noise is wierd and it is prolonged. Kinda sounds like if you run your finger around the top of a glass of water to make it "sing."

get it up on a lift and have a , ahem, big boned person, sit in the pass seat. look underneath for interferance.
anyone know if the DS hitting something (a muffler) could make the noise. mine makes some high pitched noises when i work on it (and the noise echoes).
i cant think of what would make a 'fork hitting crystal' sound....
good luck.