Wife's ford focus problems...

billison

I like tinted tail
15 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
stl
I know it's not a mustang but this is the best place i know...

Ok the pipe that goes from the header to the egr broke, and i'm not sure what it's called to get a new one, the guy at the parts store just looked at me like i'm dumb. Just thought i'd put this out and see if anyone knows, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i posted on a ford focus site and i'm still waiting on a responce, yeah it's a tube that connects to the side of the header and goes to the egr valve and has 2 vac lins coming off it

ys4z-9d477-ba? I forget what the supersession number is. Basically go to your local Ford dealership and tell them you need the "EGR tube"....9D477 (basic number) if the counterman is not too bright.

What year? 2.0 SOHC, or DOHC?? It's called an EGR tube, and it's about 50 bucks from the dealer. I replaced the one on my step sisters 2001 Focus sedan w/ 2.0 SOHC, pretty easy. Give me Year, make and model (ZX3, ect) and I'll give ya some info on it.

it's a 03 door door, sohc, i did some research and it looks like they fail alot, befor i buy one i'm gonna have a local exhaust place weld the fitting back on

Ok it's done now, i took the old one off, honed out the flange and the local shop welded it back together for 10 bucks, and bolted it back on, was'nt to bad, and if for some reason it breaks i'm only out 10 bucks, the sound was the only thing that worried me cuz it sounded like a tick...