will 03 cobras bolt up to this setup?

• Sponsors (?)

All you would have to do it pound the grease cap in a little bit. They'll fit fine.

Not trying to be sarcastic, but do you know from experience? I just ask because on many of the wheels no matter how much you deform the dustcap, it is not going to remove the 1/2" or more of the Fox spindle that sticks out preventing the dust cap from mounting. I would just hate it if I bought some new wheels and then they didn't fit.

Usually a combo of pounding the grease cap PLUS a small spacer is needed to make them fit.

I don't like the idea of spacers however. If you need a spacer to make a wheel fit, then the wheel DOES NOT fit in my view.

A lot of people recommend extreme things like grinding the spindle as well but that's eveb worse than a spacer. Some people buy cheap spacers that fit loosely, don't upgrade to hardened studs and don't torque the wheel properly and it's just asking for the wheel to snap off under high load.

My point is to do things right

will the center caps for the wheels fit without the bearing greese caps on.

If so there has to be a way to work around the greese cap.

If anyone can tell me about the fitment of the center caps with the greese caps removed, And they say the centercaps fit then I will go this route and will find a way to make them work.

With the wheel bolted up and the centercaps on is the greese-cap really needed on a rim like a 03cobra. Where the bearing will be inclosed in its own space from the elements.

Usually a combo of pounding the grease cap PLUS a small spacer is needed to make them fit.

I don't like the idea of spacers however. If you need a spacer to make a wheel fit, then the wheel DOES NOT fit in my view.

A lot of people recommend extreme things like grinding the spindle as well but that's eveb worse than a spacer. Some people buy cheap spacers that fit loosely, don't upgrade to hardened studs and don't torque the wheel properly and it's just asking for the wheel to snap off under high load.

My point is to do things right

x2
i agree completely.

If anyone can tell me about the fitment of the center caps with the greese caps removed, And they say the centercaps fit then I will go this route and will find a way to make them work.

With the wheel bolted up and the centercaps on is the greese-cap really needed on a rim like a 03cobra. Where the bearing will be inclosed in its own space from the elements.

Like Mike, Mustang 5L5 said, with a small spacer they should fit. But the problem with spacers is what he stated above, plus the fact that since these wheels are 17x9, the spacer will put them out even further. You might have contact issues with the fenders if you are running larger tires.

As for the grease cap, I guess you could run without it, but that would also result in some of the grease escaping and working its way to the outside of the wheels. You would only be gaining say 1/16" by removing the cap vs banging it in.

Typically both OEM and aftermarket wheels come with what are called "drainage slots" on the mount face of the wheel. These are specifically there to ensure that any water that enters the pilot/galvanic bore area can escape. There will always be some amount of moisture that enters that area due to the lack of seal on the dust cap and the condensation formed from the heating/cooling of the wheel via the brake rotor.

So tonight I'm bolting on a set of 98 Cobra rims and not only is it a issue with the cap but the meet on the hub of the disc is hitting the center of the wheel before the wheel bottoms out. Does the lincoln rotor fit the hole in the Cobra wheel? Anyone?