Will 1.72 ratio roller rockers fit under stock valve covers?

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
What's up guys. I bought a set of rockers from a friend for 100.00 the other day. I was told they are 1.6s, but I did a little research and they are infact old FMS 1.7s. Will these fit under my stock valve covers if the baffles and nipples are removed? They will be mounted with an E cam, and GT40P heads on each side. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I dont know exactly what year it is but SOME stock Valve covers have no problems,

I know the early ones did have problems fitting RR's

And if you have a 87 chances are they wont fit without problems,

Mine fit Fine, I have Stock Valve covers,
I think it moght be from 90+ or 91 +
I ahve a 91 and it fit fine,

you need to make sure you have the aluminum valve covers, and not the stamped steel ones. I guess youll be ok with removing the baffles as long as they are the covers with the oil fill neck that sticks out. usually if you ditch the baffles, you leak oil. But since they stick out so far you should be ok

SmockDoiley said:
you need to make sure you have the aluminum valve covers, and not the stamped steel ones. I guess youll be ok with removing the baffles as long as they are the covers with the oil fill neck that sticks out. usually if you ditch the baffles, you leak oil. But since they stick out so far you should be ok

No problems with the long oil neck and no baffles. :nice:

My question is this: What do I do with the tube that comes from the stock long oil neck? I was told by one (extremist?) that it will gush oil if the baffles are removed and overwhelm the breather system! HELP!

If you look at a set of valve covers you will see exactly what needs to be done...you're just going to remove the plate under the valve cover that's supposed to prevent oil from splashing up the neck.

As for the tube, leave it connected, or get an open breather...either way will be fine. I run open breathers on all of my cars -- I think it's better for the engine, but just the tube will be fine too.