will 17x10.5 fit on back tires w/o rubbing on a 98 v6??

98greenmachine

Arkan-SASS
Founding Member
Nov 21, 2001
on the west side in the big city
i need to know if there are wheel well differences between the v6/gt/cobra models from the 1994-98 platform. i need to know before i buy the rims, b/c they won't take them back after the tires are mounted. i have dual exhaust (if it matters) coming out the back. the tire size will be 315/35s. if anyone knows, i need this specific question answered for my year model (98). thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='03 6-Speed]Why the hell are you putting 10.5 in wide wheels!? let alone 315s!? 9 inch wide wheels are the most you're ever going to need man. It shouldn't create rubbing issues, but damn dude, rething your sizing.[/QUOTE]

calm down....i like the way it looks- (it's hot :D )and it's my car and that's what i want....reason enough. anyways....my car will not be a v6 forever, so i will need a more aggressive look later on next year. and for the record- it's "dudette." so just calm down.....and i need an answer....somebody.....anybody....?? :cool:

[QUOTE='03 6-Speed]Why the hell are you putting 10.5 in wide wheels!? let alone 315s!? 9 inch wide wheels are the most you're ever going to need man. It shouldn't create rubbing issues, but damn dude, rething your sizing.[/QUOTE]

Start paying attention to the signatures... :nice:

10.5 inch is wide...I would go with 9 inch on the back and maybe 8 on the front...but with the power she is possibly adding later on...she might need the 10.5 :D