will 17x9.5 fit on rear what back space

geneos5546

Feb 11, 2006
wisconsin
ok right now i have 17x8 wheels with 4and3/4 back space 275x40xtires , what i need to know is will 17x9.5 rims workwith same tires , and what back space will i need right now have plenty of room nuttin rubbin yet (thanks ):SNSign: :shrug: :owned:

• Sponsors (?)

Ha! I am trying to figure out the same thing. I know the 17x9.5 will fit, the backspacing is the key. I have a 56 3/4" Versaille rear, so mine is different.

I think you can go with 5.5" BS and be just right. Not sure on your tires.

It's the position of the 9.5" rim in relation to the qp's, springs and fender wells. You want to limit the movement or something will eventually go wrong.

I've cut a tire to the chord and tore into my qp before. But hey it's your car, do what you want!

In the Summit catalog it says the Kumho 275/40/17 fits rim size 9-11." Same rim size for BFG g-Force, Hoosier Drag Radials, and MT ET street. The Yokahama AVS ES 100's says 9-10.5"

Geno, Can you post some pics of the Rims and tires on your car? What size tire/rim do you have on the front?

Thanks.

rear wheel size

i am using 17 x 9.5 tt 2s with nitto 555 275/40/17 and 6-1/4 back spacing on a 69 with plenty of room.we bolted them on a friends 67 and they fit fine.i ordered the wheels from autoworks international.this is a special oder size that they keep in stock to use on there cars.