Will 18x9's fit on a fox or stay 17x9??

• Sponsors (?)

It probably depends on what rim and tire combo you use up front. I put the FR500s off of my cobra on my 88 for a couple weeks and it actually didn't rub at all in the front compared to R58 Cobra Rs I usually run on the car.

As long as you run the same overall tire height and backspacing as your 17's, no sweat.

You could even run 20's if you prefer the crack-dealer look :shrug:

Personally, I think 17's or 18 are right on a fox with a slight leaning towards 18's :hail2:

ALMOSTFINISHED said:
As far as I know 88SC_GT has 18x9's saleen wheels on his car. Looks really good. I'm not sure about the tire size or backspacing tho. Maybe he will chime in and throw a pic of his car up, shes quite the looker.

Nick

thanks nick, yea i use 18x9 saleens. 24mm offset, 5.95" backspacing. no issues.

104177630.jpg

Attachments

• 104177630.jpg
    104177630.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 71
18x9's will fit out back, but your tire choice will have great effect.
For example i ran a regular street tire, 265/35/18 out back with a 1/4 spacer, quad shocks and NO rubbing.

I swapped to a 275/35/18 BFG Drag Radial, and the damn things hit everywhere. The tires are litterally over 1 inch wider than my old ones.
It hit the Exhaust, quadshock and the fender.

Ditched the quads, and spacers, rolled the fenders, and adjusted the exhaust to make it work. Doesn't hit, but there's not much room to play left either, every once in a while in a hard corner i hear the tire hit the exhaust.

Fox track width.
420062_19_full.jpg

Hmm, so i have the SN95 rear track and might need to roll my fenders.

I think i want to run the same size tires all around because I don't have a Cobra Spare yet and if i get a flat i'll need to move the rear tire to the front.

What's a good size for the 18x9's? 245's ok?

Mustang5L5 said:
Hmm, so i have the SN95 rear track and might need to roll my fenders.

I think i want to run the same size tires all around because I don't have a Cobra Spare yet and if i get a flat i'll need to move the rear tire to the front.

What's a good size for the 18x9's? 245's ok?

Yes, for all four corners. It will have a very slight balloon sidewall vs a noticeable one, because the profile is shorter compared to a 17" rim.

Mustang5L5 said:
Do you guys have stock track in the rear or SN95???

I bring this post back to life!! Allah-kazam!

It's hard to tell because the wheel center on the white notch is dark ... and at this point, with only 2 posts to his credit, I don't think he'll answer. F'in tard :rolleyes:

With a 24mm offset and the way the rear looks tucked I would guess he did the ranger and lincoln 5-lug swap ... plus the rotor up front loks fairly small in circumference.

Yeah, after pondering it for a while i decided to not go with them.

I'll be putting my 17" factory bullitts from my GT on my Fox with the SN95 track and just call it a day. It's already tight in the wheel wells and i don't want to chance it so i'll go with what works.

Plus i want 18" Chrome Saleens for my GT! :)

CoupedUp said:
It's hard to tell because the wheel center on the white notch is dark ... and at this point, with only 2 posts to his credit, I don't think he'll answer. F'in tard :rolleyes:

He's on corral all the time under "jbj302"
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=731610

From what I remember he did just did a 5 wheel drum in the rear and the lincoln rotors in the front. Try shooting him a PM.